1.07 Launched – Search, Dashboard, Late AdditionsSunday, March 18th, 2012
Hello fellow brewers,
Please raise your glasses to the 1.07 launch of Brewer’s Friend!
This launch includes what you’ve been asking for – recipe search, late additions, and a brewing dashboard!
The Beer Recipe Search Feature is live! Every category has a handful of recipes. There are even a good number of metric recipes from our friends across the globe!
Late Additions and Custom Fermentable Upgrade:
- The recipe editor now supports late boil additions. Late additions do not count towards boil gravity. This is important for Extract brewers who want to maximize their hops utilization.
- Custom fermentables may be marked as late additions and have their mash setting toggled. When the mash setting is checked, the ppg contribution is reduced by the mash efficiency value for the recipe.
- For convenience, PPG and Lovibond are displayed in the expanded view below the selected fermentable.
Brewing Dashboard and My Recipe/Brewing Filtering and Sorting:
The My Brewing Dashboard shows how many recipes you have created, how many times you have brewed, and provides links to items you worked on recently. Below the dashboard is a listing of your public recipes and how many times they have been viewed and brewed.
As part of this upgrade, the my recipes and my brewing page can be sorted and filtered.
- Recipe view page now displays the brew sessions that you have performed on this recipe (helps with navigation). Only you are able to see this information, even if the recipe is public.
- Mashed hops count as a 5 minute boil addition for IBU calculation purposes. FWH is still 20.
- Improvements to Brew Timer.
- Increased size of notes fields boxes on recipe edtior.
- The searchable flag has been removed – all public recipes are searchable. By default recipes are private.
- The fermentables drop down will only show non-mashable ingredients for Extract style recipes. There were 82 recipes marked extract that had mashable fermentables in their grain bill, these fermentable items were converted to custom fermentables so they could be preserved. Users who notice this may want to move those items down to steeping grains.
- Minor bug fixes.
Stay tuned for 1.08 which will include more hoppy goodness from the team at Brewer’s Friend!