New features launchedFriday, June 1st, 2012
New features were rolled out recently:
- Brewer’s Profile Pages – under your profile section you may upload a picture and setup a public profile. See my profile as an example. We encourage everyone to upload an inspiring beer-tastic profile picture! The picture appears on your profile (if you choose to make it public) and your public recipes.
- Update 6/4 – Water Chemistry Profiles – under your profile section, you can input your local water profile. Water profiles can be shared and are published here!
- The recipe editor as has a new feature for pre-made target water profiles. If you see one that is missing that you regularly use, please contact us.
- An upcoming release will tie the source water and target water concepts together. The brew feature will compute the brewing salt additions (or dilutions) necessary to go from the recipe’s target water profile to your profile.
- IBUs – calculations now appear per hop addition on the recipe builder.
- Mash Calculator – added to the brew feature. Tracks how much water you need to mash, does infusion temperature calculations. Incorporates your brewing profile and the recipe so all the numbers are automatically calculated. Let us know what you think! Update 6/4 – partial mash and BIAB are now supported too!
- Fixes – a number of bugs in the recipe editor related to back button, sorting, etc.
- Added yeasts and updated ppg values for grains.