1.09 Launched – Random Beer Brewing GoodnessThursday, April 19th, 2012
Latest release is live, version 1.09! This is our 10th release since last December. The 1.09 release is a random amalgamation of improvements. The system is better than ever with the ability to sort hops and grains after you enter them, dry hopping in days, eight new hops, and 3 new grains. With this release out of the way we can focus on water chemistry, mash water management, and more calculators.
Recipe Editor Improvements:
- Ability to sort hops and grains (see buttons in each box). Hops sorting is based on the order the hops would be used in the recipe. Grain sorting is by weight. Several users wrote in about this, and it started bothering us too! Now you can add/edit hops all you want, and hit the ‘Sort Hops’ button to get a nice and tidy listing.
- Selecting a hop use of ‘Dry Hop’ will change the time box to ‘days’ instead of ‘min.’. All existing Dry Hop entries have been set to 7 days (just this one time because of the change in this release).
- Added URL field to Recipe Editor below the notes field. The input field is only visible if you are logged in and have confirmed your email address. This will help keep the content at Brewer’s Friend of a high quality and deter spammers. When a URL is set, it will appear under the recipe’s name on the recipe view page.
- In Other Ingredients section allows grams and ounces to be specified for both US and Metric units.
- Added Extra Light DME, Extra Light LME, and clarified Canadian 2-row in grain list.
- Added 8 types of hops and updated the average AA value on several others. Thank you John H!
- Fixed bug with backspace key reported by Brian at http://thebrewmentor.com/.
- Added ‘Rebuild’ tab to Brew Session which allows you to recompute the brew steps and water requirements without deleting a recreating the brew. This is useful if you changed the recipe or profile settings after the brew was created. This also resets all the brew steps that were checked off.
- Added ‘Recipe View’ tab to Brew Session. This makes it easy to see the ingredients in the recipe without having to navigate away from the Brew Session page.
- Temperature adjustment field allows more than 3 characters.
- Mobile support improved on recipe view and search pages. Try it out and send us feedback.
- If you have not confirmed your email address, you will now see a red status about this in the upper right hand corner with a ‘resend’ button you can use to trigger the email again. Certain features, like adding a URL to a recipe are blocked until you confirm your email address.
Early Release Coming to a Close Soon:The bad news is, the early release is coming to a close in a few months. Brewer’s Friend saves you time, keeps your recipes highly organized, and helps you brew your very best, every time. Customers who purchase will get a free month for every month they were signed up prior to the launch.