Version 1.04 Launched, Copy and Brew LogMonday, January 30th, 2012
The latest release is now live, which includes:
- Recipe Copy feature activated. Now you can make copies of your recipes or other recipes that have been shared by others.
- Brew Log feature setup which allows you to record gravity readings, how much volume you collected, tasting notes, etc.
- When starting a Brew Session you may make a snapshot of the recipe (which is essentially a copy of the recipe tied only to the Brew Session). That way if you change the recipe later on, or you need to make a minor edit for just that brew session you know EXACTLY what you brewed.
- The Brew Session page allows you to change the current phase of the brew. The phases are Planning, Brewing, Primary Fermentation, Secondary Fermentation, Conditioning, Ready to Drink, and All Gone.
- Mash steps now visible for Partial Mash style recipes on the Recipe Editor.
- BIAB brew step profile created.
The next release will include automatic calculation of ABV and Brew House Efficiency through the Brew Log.
We encourage users to share their recipes and make them searchable. In an upcoming release, we will change the reward we are giving now to early adopters and require users contribute and share at least a few recipes to be eligible. Right now anybody who signs up is fully eligible.
Here’s to good beer, health, and enjoyment of life!