Recipe Builder 1.01 launchedSaturday, December 24th, 2011
Hello fellow brewers,
Happy holidays from the Brewer’s Friend team. May your brewing be merry and plentiful in 2012!
Our team has been working very hard the past week and a half to make the 1.01 release of the Recipe Builder possible. There is a lot more on the way in 2012 from Brewer’s Friend, we hope you will join us.
The Recipe Builder has just been updated to version 1.01 with the following features:
- Sharing: It is now possible to share recipes, such that the URL can be posted, emailed etc. By default recipes are private. There is also an option to make recipes searchable in our database, but the search interface is not available yet (expect to see that in January).
- Scaling: The new scaling tab at the top allows a batch to be scaled to different volumes. We are working on a scale by efficiency feature.
- Text View: Recipes can be viewed in ‘text’ mode for easy posting to other sites. We are working on an HTML version.
- Yeast Section: When selecting a yeast from the drop down, the page now shows the yeast stats (Attenuation, Flocculation, Optimum Temperature, and Alcohol Tolerance).
- Content: Added 11 different types of yeasts (thank you readers for pointing out a few missing ones).
- Misc Updates/Fixes: Priming sugar/amount now visible on display page, Firefox 3.6 bug fixed, IE 7 + 8 header renders better, adjustments to view page rendering, styled buttons on recipe editor.
- Social Networking: Facebook and Twitter pages setup and linked.