Batch #2 - Leo's Little Leo Red Willy (55% Eff., 6.4% ABV) - 31/3/19
- No Riwaka (sub. Nelson Sauv.) or Pacific Jade (sub. Hallertau MF) hops in this batch.
9/4/19 - SG:1017, tasting a little green, dry hopped.
12/4/19 - Cold crashed to 1.5C.
19/5/19 - This was a very popular beer with just about everyone, definitely will make this (or a variation using same grist) again.
Batch #1 - 3/2/19 (61% Eff.)
- Boil time cut to 45min
- IPA/DIPA water profile used, slightly dialled back on sulphate
- Used pink Himalayan salt, because well...we had some.
- Vienna substituted for Malt Europe - Mild Ale malt
- Toffee malt and Naked Malted Oats substituted for Golden Naked Oats
10/2/19 - SG:1024
14/2/19 - SG: 1022 came in a little higher than expected, cold crashed.
17/2/19 - Kegged and carbed, 18L in the keg.