Why Brewer's Friend?
Helps Beginning Brewers Get Started
- Walks you through the brewing process step by step.
- Know exactly what you brewed, and how you did it.
- See how ingredients factor into OG, FG, ABV, IBU, and SRM - the key stats of every beer recipe.
- Replicate and build on your success.
- Provides a place for detailed notes about your brews.
- Start designing your own recipes and match to style.
Powerful Tools For Advanced Brewers
- Accommodates a range of brewing processes: Extract, Partial Mash, All Grain, BIAB, No Chill.
- Scale recipe batch sizes up or down.
- Tracks water volume and mash process.
- Select your preferred equations (eg Tinseth, Rager).
- Keeps track of your inventory.
- Calculates actual ABV and apparent attenuation based on measured OG and FG.
- Four types of efficiency: conversion, pre-boil, ending kettle, and brew house!
- Hydrometer correction and calibration.
- Supports Plato or Specific Gravity extract scale.
- Target 'to the fermentor' or 'to the kettle' batch sizes.
What brewers are saying
"I am so happy and grateful for this cloud based computing/tracking site.
I have been using the recipe builder and calculators since I started brewing earlier this year.
I do think that these resources have guided me on my path to creating better brews;
adjusting for every aspect of my brews. I can't thank you all enough.
I only bought a year because funds are tight, but it was positively worth
what you are doing and providing me with. I'm only on my fifth batch, but I feel
I'm pulling ahead of everyone else in my circle because of tools you provide."
"I just found this site a few days ago and wanted to tell you it is by far the best online brewing site I have found. I will be using it exclusively from now on. The templates are awesome and the calculators are top notch. Thanks for all the time and effort making this site. Will be here a long time."
"Nicely done! I like what you're doing here. I find tools like [...] limiting since they are locally installed on the computer. Much better to have my recipes and logs in the cloud."
"I love your site, and just paid up for Premium! Your site helps me make better beer. Thank you!"
"Keep up the great work. I had been using [competitor name removed] and thought they worked pretty great but your program blows them out of the water."
"I recently did a collaboration brew with a buddy. I can't tell you how much easier this was with
Brewer's Friend than the times I've tried it with offline tools like [...] or [...]."