What's your next brew

I have yeast for a Saison - still thinking of that sessionable DuPont clone....

I'm liking where your going there Nosey! I actually just saw this thread title and thought what to brew next and saw your post... It's gotta be a mango saison me thinks I'll stick with my passionfruit Saison grist and substitute with mangoes:rolleyes:.

Just scored 50 pounds of local pale ale malt. Will have to come up with something to use it on.

whole or milled, if whole its fine to save, I buy a full bag 5 times a year

I was very surprised, i bought a bag from Canadian malting company 2 row and its great, cheap too

I got this for judging a competition. Free. Local malting company named Root Shoot. I've used it before, good results, lots of malt flavor in there. Of course, now I have to find a way to do approximately five brews using it.

I should add, I'm planning on using only 1 oz with mostly late additions. No dry hopping

My next brew will be an English bitter. After that I think I will be doing a few lagers, though I am not yet sure which lagers I want to brew.

I should add, I'm planning on using only 1 oz with mostly late additions. No dry hopping
Yep I'm FWH ing boiling 40mins and then hop stand the rest and dry hop bio transformation high krausen day 2 ish. I usually go 1 kg of wheat malt but thought I'd go half and half with oats on this brew and see what all this oaty slick mouthfeel thing is about. Yes I'm,looking forward to tasting this new,hop:).

that may be a little sweet with that low of ibu but if thats what your after it looks good

Those are all nice ideas, but I must admit I have never attempted a pumpkin ale. I need to try one first.

Next up for me is a Marzen and then a Kentucky Common. We have our first snow today and the cold weather is coming. Winter makes brewing out in a shop with water supplied from outside via a hose and heated with a wood stove a bit of a challenge. The refer doesn't work in freezing conditions but the fermentation chest freezer just needs the heating side of an Inkbird.

I have a couple of good recipes if you're interested,

I got this for judging a competition. Free. Local malting company named Root Shoot. I've used it before, good results, lots of malt flavor in there. Of course, now I have to find a way to do approximately five brews using it.
Ha. I live right across the road from Root Shoot! It's pretty funny. I follow them on Instagram and they post something, I can look out and watch.
I've enjoyed using their grains and I can't support any more local than that!

Back