Mash 60 min @ 66°c (150f)

10 g Magnum @ 60 min
25 g Styrian Wolf @ 30 min
20 g Styrian Wolf @ 15 min
15 g Hallertau Smaragd @ 5 min
25 g Hallertau Smaragd @ 0 min
50 g Styrian Kolibri @ 4 days dry hop

11,5g LalBrew Verdant

Got a bag of "mixed" flaked grains, and try to incorporate them into a beer. Also cleaning out my freezer, and making a Pale Ale with last years hops.

Thats the plan tho.

Tomorrow I am heading to a friends house to brew. This isn’t the friend I split batches with. This person has only “brewed” a few of the heat up cans. He has been working on an awesome brewing room and got a gigawort. So tomorrow he breaks it in and I’m apparently supposed to teach him what to do. It’s an IPA kit. Unfortunately he kit had yeast and hops inside and it sat out for a year….I’m taking him some fresh US-05. Hops are what they are. I don’t keep IPA hops stocked :)

Last edited:
Tomorrow I am heading to a friends house to brew. This isn’t he friend I split batches with. This person has only “brewed” a few of the heat up cans. He has been working on an awesome brewing room and got a gigawort. So tomorrow he breaks it in and I’m apparently supposed to teach him what to do. It’s an IPA kit. Unfortunately he kit had yeast and hops inside and it sat out for a year….I’m taking him some fresh US-05. Hops are what they are. I don’t keep IPA hops stocked :)
Make it a German IPA :D

Think I'm going to try to run the latest variation of "Blonde on Blonde" Sunday morning. Version 6.0(adding a cereal mash and droppnig the abv from 5.2 tp 4.5%).

We'll see what kind of shape I'm in after running Tough Mudder(10 mile obsacle course) tomorrow...I swear I trained, 3 yoga sessions count as training right?

Was going out of town for a week tomorrow. We are now leaving Sunday or Monday. So I will brew my Ordinary bitter. I have 150 ML of slurry in the fridge which Is plenty per the calculator and experience. It has been in there for a week. I am going to whip a starter anyway. I usually don’t do that since the calculator has always been spot on. I just want with to take off quickly so by the time I leave I may be able to cap it off to finish and naturally carb up. Repitched Pub has always hit FG day 2 for me

Think I'm going to try to run the latest variation of "Blonde on Blonde" Sunday morning. Version 6.0(adding a cereal mash and droppnig the abv from 5.2 tp 4.5%).

We'll see what kind of shape I'm in after running Tough Mudder(10 mile obsacle course) tomorrow...I swear I trained, 3 yoga sessions count as training right?
Called an audible this moring. After sampling the Shore Leave Lager last night, decided I needed a new batch. So...Shore Leave it is! About halfway trough the boil now.

Thought that session was a bit "hinky". Final Volume was a bit short, gravity was right, beer too dry and a bit too grassy.

Tomorrow I am heading to a friends house to brew. This isn’t the friend I split batches with. This person has only “brewed” a few of the heat up cans. He has been working on an awesome brewing room and got a gigawort. So tomorrow he breaks it in and I’m apparently supposed to teach him what to do. It’s an IPA kit. Unfortunately he kit had yeast and hops inside and it sat out for a year….I’m taking him some fresh US-05. Hops are what they are. I don’t keep IPA hops stocked :)
How'd the Gigawort break in go?

How'd the Gigawort break in go?
Went well. Had a good time. His beer is still bubbling away. He had a lot of questions and hopefully I have convincing, thoughtful responses. There were some things that he didn’t seem keen to take my advice on. Unfortunately they were in my top things to told him were most important. He has a few kits with hops and yeast sitting on the shelf for a long time. He also insisted that Mr. beer’s one step cleaner was fine since he has t had an infection yet. We made an IPA and his hops sat on a shelf for a year. I brought yeast with me so we used that. So sanitation and yeast health he wasn’t receptive as much to unfortunately. Oh well he made beer and we had a good time.

Went well. Had a good time. His beer is still bubbling away. He had a lot of questions and hopefully I have convincing, thoughtful responses. There were some things that he didn’t seem keen to take my advice on. Unfortunately they were in my top things to told him were most important. He has a few kits with hops and yeast sitting on the shelf for a long time. He also insisted that Mr. beer’s one step cleaner was fine since he has t had an infection yet. We made an IPA and his hops sat on a shelf for a year. I brought yeast with me so we used that. So sanitation and yeast health he wasn’t receptive as much to unfortunately. Oh well he made beer and we had a good time.
He'll either make mistakes and learn, or his palate is terrible and he won't ever know the difference :D

I imagine most people who frequent this forum are obsessed with brewing. :)
Some people don't share that level of enthusiasm...
Your summary is perfect we made beer and sounds like you had a good time doing it;).

I hope the beer turns out well.:p

Back