What's your next brew

I throw on the whole of the cake/trub.
But then again: I can be a bit lazy ;)

Next brews: Herm's and Mentored's quarterly. If I manage to get some form.of temp control. But with bry 97

I have decided to postpone the Chimay until early fall. It is a bit to warm to try and condition this beer at 54F degrees. It's way to hot here to brew........well not that hot.

How do you argue?
He's an English teacher. He probably argues using big words and correct punctuation. If I argue, being an engineer, it's all done in 3rd person with very bad grammar, written in all caps and no punctuation if it's on a drawing, in run-on sentences to explain my point, which is actually good grammar in the engineering world. I was taught that way. o_O

Shoot the recipe at me. Need something a little different to try. I've done an English brown, but not a red/ruby. I'll see if I can find it first, though. Need to be less lazy and perhaps contribute to some of the search function improvements.

Next up:
1. Ruby English Ale-Next weekend (@Craigerrr said to)
2. Helles-Mid August
3. Herm’s Wheat- early September
You did this just to confuse me, didn't you? The Recipe Search Engine does NOT have a filter for English Ale. So, being the sometimes intelligent person I am, I searched for Ruby. Yup, got 5 pages of recipes. Ok, so now what? I'm assuming you mean an Irish Ale? That's the closest I could get to a Ruby English Ale. Guess I'm gonna need a recipe link after all.

Tomorrow: SMaSH with 2 row and Citra. After that a hoppy, tropical IPA. I'm craving something hoppy! Gonna try to use biotransformation for some thiols to really up the tropical aspect

Tomorrow: SMaSH with 2 row and Citra. After that a hoppy, tropical IPA. I'm craving something hoppy! Gonna try to use biotransformation for some thiols to really up the tropical aspect
Hops are a complete wonder to me, and I liken maximizing their aroma and flavor to placing a bet on a Big Six wheel. Sometimes I hit big, most times I lose. :p

Hops are a complete wonder to me, and I liken maximizing their aroma and flavor to placing a bet on a Big Six wheel. Sometimes I hit big, most times I lose. :p
My hoppy beers have gotten noticeably better since I added spunding and closed transfers to my repertoire :D fingers crossed!

You did this just to confuse me, didn't you? The Recipe Search Engine does NOT have a filter for English Ale. So, being the sometimes intelligent person I am, I searched for Ruby. Yup, got 5 pages of recipes. Ok, so now what? I'm assuming you mean an Irish Ale? That's the closest I could get to a Ruby English Ale. Guess I'm gonna need a recipe link after all.
@RoadRoach https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/edit/1240680 English Ale. Will have chocolate malt to give it a dark ruby color. Think Hobgoblin

I teach history not English thankfully.

How do you argue?
Well…my slurry looks iffy. Kind of crystallized or something. Looks like it froze but I know that didn’t happen. So while I await new English yeast (ordered earlier) it’s another German lager. Unless of course the English yeast arrives by brewday. At least of have 3 gallons of mild left

Back