1. Be sure to crush the oat malt well as it tends to crush differently than the barley.
2. Use around a 1:2 sulfate to chloride water profile.
3. Add green apple puree towards the beginning of the boil. This adds pectin to create haze and body.
4. Add flour with 20 minutes left in the boil. See note below.
5. Add the lactose sugar with 10 minutes left in the boil.
6. Do not add fining.
7. Add whirlpool hops slowly over a 45 minute period starting at flameout, keeping the whirlpool moving the whole time.
8. Ferment in the warm range
9. Add half of dry hops in 2-3 days, when the krausen is still high.
10. 4-6 days later, when fermentation is mostly done, rack into a secondary on top of vanilla bean and fruit puree.
11. Allow to condition on the fruit alone for 4-6 days, then add the rest of the dry hops.
12. Cold crash and package 4-7 days later.
Target fermeter volume is 6+ gallons to end up with 5 gallons after all the loss to dry hopping and fruit etc. Use at least a 6.5 gallon fermenter. Add a few drops of Fermcap-S to prevent blowoff.
Flour in the boil tends can make sticky dough balls. Wondra Flour dissolves better than regular flour. Use a sifter if you have one and add slowly.
Tired Hands Milkshakes only use Citra and Mosaic hops. Consider adding Simcoe for dankness. Consider substituting Galaxy or Azzaca for the Citra for a more mango candy sweet, less citrus hop profile.