Fermentation stop to fast (2nd time 2nd bach)

Been thinking about this. Have you tried switching your water source?

If you have a market/grocery store that has distilled or RO/ drinking water. Do the next two batch with that. Maybe your municipal water supply has something that is just not working for beer making.
Don't know.. Previous batch was great, also this time is not the same, is different other infections i had was very sour, this one is not, its a different thing.
I use the water I'm drinking from carbon filter

It's more like plastic i think.
That might from chlorine

Don't know.. Previous batch was great, also this time is not the same, is different other infections i had was very sour, this one is not, its a different thing.
I use the water I'm drinking from carbon filter
Try the bottled water. It can't hurt and might shed some light on it.
Ya, i am not sure that is infected. Let it finish and see what it does. That stuff almost looks like hot/ cold break and maybe krausen leftovers.

Which yeast did you use? Show me this give off a lot of Sulphur which is kind of an egg smell

The sulfur odor generally dissipate with time, so don't dump it just yet

Plastic can be from chlorine, as stated above. If that is the odor, it will not go away. :(

Last edited:
Which yeast did you use? Show me this give off a lot of Sulphur which is kind of an egg smell

The sulfur odor generally dissipate with time, so don't dump it just yet

Plastic can be from chlorine, as stated above. If that is the odor, it will not go away. :(
The smell -taste is very intense, I can't even drink a little it's very very intense taste.
It's so intense that I'm wondering if bleach can to that,
I use as always us -05
I have dumped 5 of 7 batches, something is not correct here I will try to change ingredients shop don't know what else to do

It's very strange @Mastoras007
I live in a dusty hot place and I've only had to throw out 1 batch of suspected infection.
Chlorine is a good disinfectant, so after your last cleaning action you should be fine unless you didn't rinse.

What I would do:
Clean & rinse again and make a simple cider. No mash, boil or anything involved. Just shop bought apple juice (preserved with vitamin C), yeast and yeast nutrients.

Almost impossible to get an infection.

Then a simple beer.
Just 1 malt, 1 or 2 hops. No dry hopping.
Use store bought water

Then the same beer, using your "standard" water. Still no dry hopping

Take it from there....

The smell -taste is very intense, I can't even drink a little it's very very intense taste.
It's so intense that I'm wondering if bleach can to that,
I use as always us -05
I have dumped 5 of 7 batches, something is not correct here I will try to change ingredients shop don't know what else to do
Yes, chlorine can cause this. Chlorophenols tastes bad. I have never used chlorine in more than 10 years. Pbw(oxyclean) and star san are all that is needed.

I don't think your ingredients provider is to blame. Once boiled for an hour, there is little that would survive.

As for the sulphur, i agree with @Donoroto, it will disapate. 64F is a little cold for us05 so there is a good change you got some hydrogen sulfide as a result. Dry hopping can cause this too, as the cohumilone in the hops react and produce this. It will go away.

Yes, chlorine can cause this. Chlorophenols tastes bad. I have never used chlorine in more than 10 years. Pbw(oxyclean) and star san are all that is needed.

I don't think your ingredients provider is to blame. Once boiled for an hour, there is little that would survive.

As for the sulphur, i agree with @Donoroto, it will disapate. 64F is a little cold for us05 so there is a good change you got some hydrogen sulfide as a result. Dry hopping can cause this too, as the cohumilone in the hops react and produce this. It will go away.
I'm not fermenting at 64f fermenting temperature is 19-23 I don't use thermometer last days because i ferment without temperature control,
What moves is suspicious:
-For cooling I use copper but cooling was to slow, so i was shaking the cooling pipe to speed the process, this causes a lot of oxygen in to the wort
-after boiling ended i wanted to add Extra 4 liters water to reach the desired OG so i boil some water for few minutes and i throw it in the kettle at the end of boiling.
-wen wort was cold enough i throw in in fermentor directly after that (24-25 Celsius)
I put in to it the yeast and the amount of hops i have for dry hop, I did this because i wanted to avoid open again the fermentor later.
-i ferment without temperature control no use thermometer the outside temperature was 15-25 but this is the outside temperature, not fermentation
-- I use bleach soak for 1 hour about 30ml on 18 liters water after that i rinse very good, also the plastic valve i open it in parts ans soaked in bleach solution for half hour(rinse it well)
Is possible the yeast to was expired?
Is possible the hopes I drop in cause infection?
Is bosible to over oxygenation and cause this off flavour?

I'm not fermenting at 64f fermenting temperature is 19-23 I don't use thermometer last days because i ferment without temperature control,
-For cooling I use copper but cooling was to slow, so i was shaking the cooling pipe to speed the process, this causes a lot of oxygen in to the wort
-after boiling ended i wanted to add Extra 4 liters water to reach the desired OG so i boil some water for few minutes and i throw it in the kettle at the end of boiling.
-wen wort was cold enough i throw in in fermentor directly after that (24-25 Celsius)
I put in to it the yeast and the amount of hops i have for dry hop, I did this because i wanted to avoid open again the fermentor later.
-i ferment without temperature control no use thermometer the outside temperature was 15-25 but this is the outside temperature, not fermentation
-- I use bleach soak for 1 hour about 30ml on 18 liters water after that i rinse very good, also the plastic valve i open it in parts ans soaked in bleach solution for half hour(rinse it well)
Ok, temps should be ok then

If the wort fermented, but was old. It could cause an under pitch and cause some off flavors. Hard to say in this case. Usually it is not terrible.

It could be possible, but hops are naturally antibacterial. So not likely.

Nope, you want oxygen before fermenting. I use 100% oxygen in my setup.

You will really stress out that lager yeast without some sort of temperature control. Look up swamp cooler.

You will really stress out that lager yeast without some sort of temperature control. Look up swamp cooler.
i know, i have a refrigerator i will use,with tempreture control, i can't use it now because i have me previous batch keg in to it (i must dring also some beer)

You don't HAVE to do that. It will help to make a good beer better, but not required.

If you want to buy those items, it won't hurt
Ok i will not,
but for the ph stabilizer i buy it because both of my last batch i had big ph 6,4-6,6 as i remember, i will use this BUT now i'm thinking i will use distiled water so probably no need to use it,
is beter to use RO water or bottled water?

Ok i will not,
but for the ph stabilizer i buy it because both of my last batch i had big ph 6,4-6,6 as i remember, i will use this BUT now i'm thinking i will use distiled water so probably no need to use it,
is beter to use RO water or bottled water?
Any of the above. Distilled, RO or "drinking water" are all filtered. The drinking water would have some minerals in it, prolly the best choice.

I agree with the acid. If you use drinking water, you may not need it. But you have the ph meter, so why not?

I would stick with the distilled / RO water. You have no idea of the drinking waters composition. Skip the ph stabilizer. ( i have never had a batch at 6+ pH using RO). I wonder about the calibration of your ph meter. Add the chemicals per the recipe. Don't try to over think it, follow the recipe , have a beer and try to keep the brew near the recomended fermenting temp.

Are you adding Sodium-Metabisulfite or Potassium-Metabisulfite to remove chlorine/chloramines from your strike, sparge, and top-off waters. Definitely add it to the 4 liters of top-off water you added the the wort post-boil. It would also help in case any bleach didn't get rinsed off.

Back