I brewed today!

The rich and malty Vienna and the great Cascade aroma sounds like a winner, and it's hard to beat the price too. Hope it turns out well.

Attachments

• 20210109_105724.jpg
    20210109_105724.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210109_115914.jpg
    20210109_115914.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210109_140853.jpg
    20210109_140853.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 65
Brewed the Wayner's Pale Ale yesterday. Had my 260GB ipod classic going all day. For fun I wrote down all of the songs on the back of my recipe sheet as I brewed. A few years ago, over time, I made a play list for every letter of the alphabet by song title. I was near the end of Letter C, switched to letter W, after that. Seemed fitting...
20210118_155925.jpg

Brewed the Wayner's Pale Ale yesterday. Had my 260GB ipod classic going all day. For fun I wrote down all of the songs on the back of my recipe sheet as I brewed. A few years ago, over time, I made a play list for every letter of the alphabet by song title. I was near the end of Letter C, switched to letter W, after that. Seemed fitting...
View attachment 13774
Rock on @Craigerrr!

Today, I cranked out a batch of Janet’s Brown Ale. It was a smooth brew day, but I missed my numbers - low on pre-boll and original gravities, by 5 and 6 points, respectively. It would have been easy enough to keep boiling to get the OG higher, but that would have skewed my ibu’s. Using Voss Kveik, I pitched at about 85*F, fit the fermenter with a blowoff tube, then wrapped the fermenter with a fleece blanket (that is my temperature control). Now I’m just waiting for the Voss to do it’s thing.

Today, I cranked out a batch of Janet’s Brown Ale. It was a smooth brew day, but I missed my numbers - low on pre-boll and original gravities, by 5 and 6 points, respectively. It would have been easy enough to keep boiling to get the OG higher, but that would have skewed my ibu’s. Using Voss Kveik, I pitched at about 85*F, fit the fermenter with a blowoff tube, then wrapped the fermenter with a fleece blanket (that is my temperature control). Now I’m just waiting for the Voss to do it’s thing.

No big. I'm sure it'll turn out just fine.

I keep some DME on hand for those occasions. Sometimes I just roll with it when I get shit for numbers, but it is nice to have the choice available.

Quickest brew day EVER!
Brewed Aldi Cider fitting name it's Aldi Apple juice :).
20210221_094130.jpg

There she be.
Fermenting 31.5c with Framgarden Slurry 3rd gen OG came in at 1.044
I'm starting to think the juice varies 2-4 points of gravity per bottle.
Added 1 tsp nutrient and half teaspoon of gypsum.
Oh no pressure on fermentation will just run co2 through keg.

Back