I brewed today!

I brewed a pale ale yesterday, special bitter. My very first AG.

My Texas exile is over tomorrow. Been blogging about beer while here, I'll share the address once I have things stabilized. Next task is bottling Koelsch, followed by test brewing a kit for our LHBS, yes, back to extract and steep for a brew, then a Belgian blonde using home made candi syrup.

Dusseldorf Altbier. Second batch on the yeast cake. Fermentation went nuts.

I have a Northern German Altbier on tap right now! I brewed it a few weeks ago and it's really nice! I'll be entering it in local competition in a couple weeks and let you know how it does. This was the 1st time I brewed this style and I'm looking at keeping it on as a regular at my house. :D

Today I brewed Surly Bitter Brewer clone; bottled from my keg the rest of my American Wheat, and then kegged my Surley Cynic clone..

So, didn't brew today, but, a couple days late, racked and dry hopped pale ale, iteration 3, tonight. This will be bottled Saturday. Put about 2 ounces of simcoe in. Had a little sample. Taste and smell is as it should be, but FG is lower than planned (down to 1.006):

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... 13/pale-10

Bottled Koelsch today - it was a split batch. I'm enjoying a sample of the other half now, the same beer fermented with hefeweizen yeast. I also wrote a blog post on my new blog, Applied Zymurgy. I own the domain name appliedzymurgy.com but haven't pointed my Wordpress blog to it. I'll keep you posted when I do.

Today I'm going to have one of my employees brew a simple German Pale Ale that most resembles an Amber Hybrid, but doesn't really fit into any category. I made up the recipe this morning with a cup of coffee.
I'm teaching him to brew and this will be a simple beer for the staff to drink. :mrgreen:
http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... -pale-ale-

I did my first extract batch in years on Wednesday, a kit the local homebrew shop asked me to test for them. It's an ESB with American hops (Cascade and Chinook). Had to remember some of the old skills - the instructions to me were "Brew it like a beginner." But they'll pry my chiller out of my cold, dead hands and, unless the instructions explicitly tell me not to, I won't use dry yeast without rehydrating, after all, I'll be drinking some of this stuff, too, and sprinkling dry yeast on top of wort can kill up to 80% of the yeast cells.

I brewed 2 days ago (15.05). American style pale ale with three hops, all starting with a letter "C".

4 am this morning I started heating the strike water for a Premium American Lager.Kegged the previous batch of the same recipe, and washed and re used the yeast slurry. Currently it is cooling down to pitching temps in the fermentation chamber.

The house sure smells good after brewing.

Belgian Blonde (base, will add candi syrup once fermentation is going well). Candi syrup is homemade. Expecting a 7.3% ABV, 22 IBU beer.

Today was a spiced saison kit from the LHBS my wife picked out. Lemongrass, orange peel, and cardamom.

Saturday: Pale 10 went to bottles, Revolution Red went to secondary with dry hop, Lumberjack (019) went to fridge.

Sunday brewed a partial mash oatmeal stout with 6 oz. of cocoa in the mash.

Brewed today, a all home made grain batch, malted by hand by us , 2 weeks, labeled as experiment 2, step mashed 4 different temps, each 30 minutes, its a mild apa, should be something similar to third shift beer

Back