I brewed today!

Not brewing, but making a starter to pitch supplementary yeast into the Belgian blonde I did a week ago. It might need a little help getting as dry as I'd like. It's at 7.25% now and 1.021 so I'm throwing a small starter of San Diego Super Yeast (WLP 090) into it to see if I can bring it down a bit more. It's delicious, the Abbey yeast and home-made candi syrup made for a wonderful beer, a dark blonde but very nice....

GernBlanston said:
nzbrew said:
Brewed a chocolate brown ale, hit all the numbers and the wort tasted great! Is going to be a great drinker in the cold weather ahead.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... te-brownie

You had me for a while with the cold weather, but I got it now. You must be just a bit to the south.
Yep, we're in autumn now, close to winter! So while you're brewing summer beers, I'm on the fireside darks.
I'm down in New Zealand.

Brewed Ripper (IPA) today with my Father-In-Law, a long time wine maker, who is interested making beer.
We had a few samples while we brewed, which I don't normally do.
Now I need to clean up and take a nap. :)

Revolution Red bottled .. now the wait. :(

I brewed today, brewed one of my home made extract beers I call Awesome Ale just because I haven't named it yet lol

ok Southern Sky Pale Ale - Extract

Early morning brewing of a Northern German Altbier. Pitched yeast, cleaned up and put away by 9am.

I brewed today Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone 3 Extract, was low on ingredients so changed it up a bit lol been making extracts lately just for the ease and time 11:00 to 1:30 big change from 12:00 to 6:00 lol

Sun Streak American Blonde Ale. OG 1.056, predicted FG 1.013, 26 IBUs, about 2 SRM.

I brewed 10 gallon batch of the Mosaic Pale Ale at the store on Thursday for the employees to enjoy!

It's free for them :mrgreen:

This is the third time it was brewed, the first was by an employee and he struggled through it but it was still tasty.
The 2nd time, I brewed it and it was a hit at the shop so I brewed it in a bigger batch this time.
The recipe is shared and I'm really happy with it!
http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... c-pale-ale

Try it out if you're interested in getting the true flavor and aroma description for the Mosaic Hop. It's much different that what I've read.
Cheers!
Brian

Munich Helles, double-decoction, beautiful wort a bit above expected yield. I can taste the bitterness in the wort - hops are all Hallertau and only two additions - first wort and boil. I haven't done this one before but tomorrow Lagerthon continues - Schwarzbier. Last brew was great as a black lager but not quite to style as a Schwarz - attempting to fix with a tweak....

American amber today. The 20 min hop was supposed to be fuggles, realised I had none so brambling cross instead. Hit my numbers should be a goodie!

Nosybear said:
Munich Helles, double-decoction

Is that part of the Hertz-a-jerkz method you normally do, or is it an additional step?

Well, can you argue with the results? Schwarzbier's boiling now....

And I think you meant "Hochkurz".

yeserday I did a saison, using Danstar's Belle Saison yeas for the first time. And got a hopped cider experiment in the carboy as well.

I kegged 5 gal of Mosaic IPA and 5 gal of a pale ale. For the 1st time I used local barley that was grown in Skajit Valley Wa, and malted at a new local maltster in Skajit Valley Wa. Looking forward to these two brews!!!

Yesterday:
Bottled an IPA ("Ripper") ... sample tasted pretty good.
Racked a robust porter with vanilla bean, bourbon and oak .. it tasted REALLY good and I'm hoping I did the right thing by going ahead with the adds. I second guessed my plan when I tasted the sample, but did it anyway. Planning to bottle it next weekend.

Back