What are you drinking right now?

View attachment 16401
I had one of these today! - It's an experimental beer. Vienna Lager malt profile with a touch of honey malt. I used mandarina hops - all at the very end of the boil (2 oz worth). I then fermented it with my trusty 34/70 yeast until nearly done and then added 24 oz of Orange Blossom Honey. Once the honey was added I started spunding (fermzilla all rounder). - This is the first beer where I actually taste honey! A great summer beer for sure! Just in time for the heat of July and August!

Now if only I could figure out why it didn't drop clear - despite being at 33 degrees for 3 weeks! - I know I forgot the wirlfoc tablet but it wasn't the first time I've done that and this is super cloudy.... Gotta dig back into the recipe and my notes.
That is a nice looking brew!

How fresh is the can? When fresh, that is a very nice beer.
Can only has a code, no date. It could be old for sure.
A9A69157-3086-4359-AC5C-3462A3CA92AE.jpeg

Sure looks like a summer quencher and more like a NEIPA ha ha!
Yup shouldn't have any troubles getting 34/70 to drop clear even without finnings.
My guess is the late addition honey.
Some sorta haze causing proteins in it or something...
My immediate thought was the honey too - then I remembered that it was very cloudy going into the fermenter.... Maybe it was all the late addition hops and the slow vs rapid cool down?

My immediate thought was the honey too - then I remembered that it was very cloudy going into the fermenter.... Maybe it was all the late addition hops and the slow vs rapid cool down?
Well my expierence has been murky wort into fermentor plays a less a role of beer clarity than yeast choice or hops n Adjuncts.
Sooo
I'd steer towards hops for sure I suppose given some time mead drops pretty clear.
I'm just not a clear wort = clear beer type of brewer.

Talk of murky hitting some Gesture this eve plenty carbonation on this one lucky I run 4.5m 4mm ID lines to ballance it out...
20210629_191923.jpg

Last edited:
Cali got you all paranoid. Welcome to the rational coast.

(Not intended to be a political statement. Just sharing a personal opinion that California is too much of a nanny state for my preferences.)
California made me paranoid of many things, but I'm not trying to fuck with this delta variant while living with unvaccinated young kids :D

Good for you @Sunfire96 I see you still have a mask. I like the look of your second beer.
Here in California, we can enter a bar without a mask, as long as we are fully vaccinated. I’ve done that a few times myself since June 15, when our state government opened businesses without restrictions for those fully vaccinated.

Gorgeous color Ben! What did you fine that with?
Ah thankyou Ward must be from the smidgin of Special B in it as well as Golden promise I really like this malt (I bought a bag a little while back.).
As for finnings I added whirlflock to the boil.
I don't think I added geletin to the keg on transfer my notes don't say so anyway. But I did add a 1800g of passionfruit along with 4g of SMB to the fermentor.
Here's the recipie
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/451183/passion-fruit-saison

Ben, The water is heating up for it now. It will be done by the end of the day.
It looks good. What is it like?
Yeah very easy drinker low to moderate hop nose and flavour. Bitterness is low as well maybe could do with a bump of 10ibus but that's me being picky. I feel this is a great summer beer nice and light in ABV and flavour a great session beer.

Back