What are you drinking right now?

Spending America’s Independence Day with a few of my favorite revolutionaries.

E47A4EC6-0C31-4F07-A73F-9023984D2EAF.jpeg

How does it compare to a Maris otter? I’m sure the typical master to master differences but within a brand
It is more subtle - I feel like Marris tends to dominate and Golden Promise is similar yet crisper and lighter (not as pronounced). Similar in a way to Vienna and Munich.

It is more subtle - I feel like Marris tends to dominate and Golden Promise is similar yet crisper and lighter (not as pronounced). Similar in a way to Vienna and Munich.
If my memory serves me correct I think one is harvested at a different time of year or something anyhow it's a lovely malt .

image.jpg
Zinfandel, grown in our backyard. Way better than the wine made from 2016 vintage, but nothing I would pay a hard earned dollar for. Encouragement to make wine from an expected harvest this summer. This is far better than the previous attempt, as I sip and smile.

I brewed with both MO and GP and agree with @Blackmuse's description. Personally I like MO more because of the slightly stronger biscuit flavor.

Back