What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
A glass of Herm’s Amber Ale.

Yeah very easy drinker low to moderate hop nose and flavour. Bitterness is low as well maybe could do with a bump of 10ibus but that's me being picky. I feel this is a great summer beer nice and light in ABV and flavour a great session beer.
Took your advice but was going that way after tasting thre post boil sample - added another 30g of Mosaic to the dry hop so we shal see how it turns out. Made the pre boil sg but not post boil so will ha ve to stretch the fermentation to hit ABV. Not a big deal but...
I did have a VERY grey scum on the boil boil

Took your advice but was going that way after tasting thre post boil sample - added another 30g of Mosaic to the dry hop so we shal see how it turns out. Made the pre boil sg but not post boil so will ha ve to stretch the fermentation to hit ABV. Not a big deal but...
I did have a VERY grey scum on the boil boil
Probably the wheat nothing wrong with being a little light on ABV.

Probably the wheat nothing wrong with being a little light on ABV.

Yes I suspected it might be but it was stainless steel grey - not very nice - so I skimmed it off. The wort was a very light straw colour and, yes, a few points less won't matter. though I will have to redo the label.
upload_2021-7-3_13-57-50.png

Jam Room - Golden Ale
Maybe not the clearest beer I ever had, but it’s tasty as heck.

Today was Independent Craft Beer Run day. So I got on my horse and visited the coolest little hole in the wall brewery you’ll ever see. I picked up a 4-pack of their Golden Ale, Winterland Vanilla Porter and Reverb All Day IPA.

D59B9A65-ABB3-404E-AE4E-EF68A104F487.jpeg

Found a good deal on these session IPAs from Golden Road. It's a little weak in the finish, but otherwise a tasty beer. Still trying to find a replacement to Founder's All day IPA
View attachment 16465
Here in SoCal, where that beer is made, it costs more than I want to spend. I have been to their brewery taprooms in Anaheim and Los Angeles, and the fresh beer is always good. Many stores sell this beer, but I just don’t buy.

Last edited:
Here in SoCal, where that beer is made, it costs more than I want to spend. I have been to their brewery taprooms in Anaheim and Los Angeles, and the fresh beer is always good. Many stores sell this beer, but I just don’t buy.
That's fair. I wanna say I found a 15 pack for $17-$18, off the top of my head

Golden promise I really like this malt (I bought a bag a little while back.).
YES! I too love this malt! I have now tried - Marris Otter, Golden Promise and Irish Ale malt. Golden Promise will be my go to!

YES! I too love this malt! I have now tried - Marris Otter, Golden Promise and Irish Ale malt. Golden Promise will be my go to!
How does it compare to a Maris otter? I’m sure the typical master to master differences but within a brand

Jam Room - Golden Ale
Maybe not the clearest beer I ever had, but it’s tasty as heck.

Today was Independent Craft Beer Run day. So I got on my horse and visited the coolest little hole in the wall brewery you’ll ever see. I picked up a 4-pack of their Golden Ale, Winterland Vanilla Porter and Reverb All Day IPA.

View attachment 16473
Cool! Yesterday, I too participated in Independent Craft Beer Run Day, visiting Chapman Crafted in Old Towne Orange, CA, where I picked up a 4 pack of Bitterness Engaged IPA. They even knocked $2 off the price.
image.jpg

Back