What are you drinking right now?

You Have Feelings? by Ironmonger Brewing in nearby Marietta. It turns out that professional brewers have feelings, who knew??

With Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe, it tastes like an underhopped Wayner's Pale Ale. Delicious, nicely balanced, plenty of hops bitterness and complex citrus notes. Nice.

DE9AC29D-603B-4E53-9B48-ABEB386B206D.jpeg
ESB. This batch I used Windsor which is why it isn’t as clear. Still quite tasty just a little different kind of fruitiness from the yeast

View attachment 16340 ESB. This batch I used Windsor which is why it isn’t as clear. Still quite tasty just a little different kind of fruitiness from the yeast
Through watching David Heath Low ABV beer clip recently Windsor was one of the low attenuating yeasts he suggested along with S-33 Supposedly can't ferment Maltotrious interesting eh:).
Oh great looking beer BTW

Through watching David Heath Low ABV beer clip recently Windsor was one of the low attenuating yeasts he suggested along with S-33 Supposedly can't ferment Maltotrious interesting eh:).
Oh great looking beer BTW
There is definitely some malty “sweetness.” It attenuated quite well though, higher than expected. I mashed lower so I’m sure That helped. I’ll use again for sure in the future. I used the slurry for the lighter than planned 80 shilling I kegged a few days ago. I fermenter it under pressure so the Scottish is much cleaner as is should be.

Version 1.0 of an IPL (India Pale Lager) I'm working on. In retrospect, 80 IBU's for what is essentially my Pilsner malt bill was too much. Shooting for 55 next time. Also, more Dip/Dry hops.

Oh, well. Still damn good. Reminds me of some of those great West Coast IPAs we were getting 8-ish years ago.

I’ve still never tasted one.....:( Unless I keep going with German beers I have the stuff to make a California common. Maybe I will after that pic.
It's a unique beer for sure. A little slice of craft history. Post-prohibition they had trouble selling it because no one wanted "craft beer", they wanted Schlitz, Miller, and Budweiser :D

Listed to a podcast with the head brewer he said 90/10 pale to C40 and northern brewer hops. BYO has a recipe I put in BF to use when the time comes.

Back