I brewed today!

Nice Allen.
Took a swift taste of it today as it has shot down to 1.004 so I just started the cold crash after the Diacetyl rest. It tastes fabulous. Well my opinion anyway. Will bottle it Thursday and try and keep it carbing until 20th. It certainly is a stoater (Scottish for - well look it up).

That's one hell of a lot of El Dorado... you need a gold mine to supply it..:)
I got a pound each of El Dorado, Idaho 7, Galaxy, and Citra on a Brew Club bulk buy recently for a great price. Prices were really good, I should have bought more pounds of more varieties now that I think of it. I do have 10 lbs in the freezer mind you...

Brewed this today!
Pitched VOSS at about 4pm, it's not quite done yet...
20210514_120814.jpg
20210514_132548.jpg
20210514_211850.jpg

Hopefully I didn't screw up my Janets Brown Ale. I set it to cold crash but neglected to replace the bubbler with a bag of CO2. Soooo I know it sucked in a bunch of air.
Figgured it out today so I blew in a bunch of CO2 but a bit late.

I also brewed a Janet's Brown Ale today. The only problem I had was a stuck sparge. My LHBS got a new Blichman mill and when I asked for it to be double crushed as usual, I assume they thought I was asking because I had a BIAB setup. But I batch sparge with a regular cooler mash tun, not BIAB. Gravity was 5 points low. I assume because I left some sugars behind. Otherwise it was a beautiful brew day.

I brewed a pale ale yesterday, special bitter. My very first AG.

Welcome to BF. You will get lots of help here - I know I did/do - Let us know how you get on.

Hopefully I didn't screw up my Janets Brown Ale. I set it to cold crash but neglected to replace the bubbler with a bag of CO2. Soooo I know it sucked in a bunch of air.
Figgured it out today so I blew in a bunch of CO2 but a bit late.
Don't worry about it. First, you can't do anything about it anyway. Second, a little Oxygen will not ruin your batch.
I mean, think of 200 years ago. They fermented in open vats! You think they worried about O2?
The small amount of CO2 in solution (from fermentation) will keep the wort saturated with gases, and little to no O2 will dissolve.

Your batch will be just fine.

Don't worry about it. First, you can't do anything about it anyway. Second, a little Oxygen will not ruin your batch.
I mean, think of 200 years ago. They fermented in open vats! You think they worried about O2?
The small amount of CO2 in solution (from fermentation) will keep the wort saturated with gases, and little to no O2 will dissolve.

Your batch will be just fine.
Thanks for the reassurance. I keged it up today, I'll give it a try in a week or so...

I did a double brew yesterday. I did an NEIPA and I hope an ESB. Used the slurry from my porter and it is 3 points fro the finish. Used Verdant in the NEIPA. That's off to a slow start.
Your ESB hopeful has dropped to nearly FG in one day? Damn, that’s fast. How long will you let it sit for the yeast to clean up?

So I brewed today, the Dunkles Hefeweitzen, and thanks to @Craigerrr and a few others, I FINALLY got the brewzilla fully dialed in. What a great brew day! Albeit, ling at 7 hours...

Set the calibration at -5 (C) and every temperature was spot on. Yeah, the day was far longer than usual because the step mash temperature changes took a looong time with only the 500 W element, but it gave me time to do other things.

Happy day!

Next: automation.

Last edited:
Brewing this
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/817369/bens-brown
Subbed in some special B and dark crystal.
Gunna overnight chill this in my new kegmentor and make a RWS with Framgarden over night.
20210522_160203.jpg

First crush on the grain mill second run with the Pid listened to @Bubba Wade directions and set I and D to Zero P is at 25 ish it's still over shooting by a Celcius but dropping back to the set point.
Better than it was BTW.
Cheers

Oh that bottle on the table wasn't for me...
Mashed in with Matilda strapped to my chest was exciting to say the least lol!

Brewing my take on the Gesture aka Harry's Gesture you spurred me on @AHarper
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1143820/harrys-gesture
20210612_152324.jpg

After my sensor read under on mash temp thank God I took a temp reading with digital thermometer it was at 72c and I had Pid set for 65!:eek:
20210612_154429.jpg

Never mashed an ice brick before lol!
Sparge went flawlessly I love my grain mill leaves more husk than thermomix get a way better lauter
20210612_155314.jpg

Come in high in the end 1.048 but I was down on volume 1lt OG I'm aiming for is 1.041 might dilute on pitch tomorrow...
20210612_185940.jpg

Love the kegmentor just transfered right In and pitched the WP hops in with the wort!

20210612_191947.jpg

Last edited:
Brewing my take on the Gesture aka Harry's Gesture you spurred me on @AHarper
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1143820/harrys-gesture
View attachment 16175
After my sensor read under on mash temp thank God I took a temp reading with digital thermometer it was at 72c and I had Pid set for 65!:eek:
View attachment 16176
Never mashed an ice brick before lol!
Sparge went flawlessly I love my grain mill leaves more husk than thermomix get a way better lauter
View attachment 16177
Come in high in the end 1.048 but I was down on volume 1lt OG I'm aiming for is 1.041 might dilute on pitch tomorrow...View attachment 16178
Love the kegmentor just transfered right In and pitched the WP hops in with the wort!

View attachment 16179

Nice one. A lot more Dry Hops than the original - I may have to add more my self. I have run out of Mosaic though so it may have to be Citra.

Back