I brewed today!

One in the same...as far as I'm concerned.....squonk on the other hand is pre-bigfoot to the European explorers.....hmmmmmm...kinda like your homeland....coincidence?

image.jpg
Herm’s Amber Ale, pitched with a yeast slurry from the previous batch. Good numbers all around, I think I’m getting the hang of this.
What a busy day of cleaning (house), brewing, fighting another heat-induced invasion of Argentine (non-native) ants, cleaning, and drinking good beer. As usual, I cleaned the stove before brewing, and it is still spotless! Time to make some dinner.

Don’t want to mess with fire ants, they burn.
I havnt met them yet and I don't want to we got some in Ipswich South of here that we've been trying to eradicate for over a decade it sounds to me like fire Ants are winning. If we find fire Ants in Aus it's reported strait to the Gov local pesties ain't even alowd to treat em.

We don't want them becoming the next "cane toad" they've really F@&ked things up over here

image.jpg
Finished my IPA of the 3 C’s this afternoon. I boiled 75 minutes instead of 60, thinking that would help with too much pre-boil volume. Well it turned out that my boil was a bit too vigorous, so I ended up short of the volume predicted, and 5 gravity points higher than projected. I’m just waiting for the yeast to take off and chew through some wort.

View attachment 16884 Finished my IPA of the 3 C’s this afternoon. I boiled 75 minutes instead of 60, thinking that would help with too much pre-boil volume. Well it turned out that my boil was a bit too vigorous, so I ended up short of the volume predicted, and 5 gravity points higher than projected. I’m just waiting for the yeast to take off and chew through some wort.
So you were up on gravity a bit that's a hefty starting gravity 1.066?

So you were up on gravity a bit that's a hefty starting gravity 1.066?
Actually, 1.068 when corrected for temperature. Going forward, I need to adjust my brewhouse efficiency upward, like around 80%. That might help bring things better in line, as my recent brews have gone above projection for starting gravity (OG).

Brewed up Northern Brewers Tasmanian Devil today. Uses Australian hops and yeast. (WLP009). OG came out quit a bit higher than expected at 1.070. Going to be a bit bigger than I normally drink.

Brewed up Northern Brewers Tasmanian Devil today. Uses Australian hops and yeast. (WLP009). OG came out quit a bit higher than expected at 1.070. Going to be a bit bigger than I normally drink.
What hops?
It's that a cascade premium clone?

Came in 4 points above expected hitting high 80's on the brew house now woohoo.
Here's the WP addition this is comming out when I pitch yeast a little concerned Bout vegetal matter time will tell.
20210808_143116.jpg

65g Lemon Myrtle I was gunna shred them but they went in whole.
Ginger was 80g just chopped up fresh from the ground both of em.
20210808_145158.jpg

1.046 Took 1.5lt RWS spinning at 26c in the chamber should meet the party tomorrow fingers crossed for a cold night to drop the no chill into the low 20's.
20210808_142804.jpg

Came in 4 points above expected hitting high 80's on the brew house now woohoo.
Here's the WP addition this is comming out when I pitch yeast a little concerned Bout vegetal matter time will tell.View attachment 16968
65g Lemon Myrtle I was gunna shred them but they went in whole.
Ginger was 80g just chopped up fresh from the ground both of em.View attachment 16969
1.046 Took 1.5lt RWS spinning at 26c in the chamber should meet the party tomorrow fingers crossed for a cold night to drop the no chill into the low 20's.
View attachment 16970
I love how you brew all kinds of what I would call "off the wall" style beers.

Back