What are you drinking right now?

Still needs a little time for the carb to settle a bit, but my Resilience ipa. Turned out nice. I thought the bitterness to malt was fine but lacked hop aroma and flavor after the recommended dry hop, so I added an additional 1.75 oz of chinook and cascade at kegging.
20190310_141017-1024x1365.jpeg

As mentioned in another thread, my Sam's Choice Dry Mead, so named because it's made with the cheapest honey I could find at Sam's Club. D47 yeast to emphasize the aromatics, treated with Campden to kill off anything that might still be alive. And very, very good for a first mead!

Still needs a little time for the carb to settle a bit, but my Resilience ipa. Turned out nice. I thought the bitterness to malt was fine but lacked hop aroma and flavor after the recommended dry hop, so I added an additional 1.75 oz of chinook and cascade at kegging.
View attachment 5406
When in doubt add more hops:D!

Drinking a Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Local supermarket had all Sierra Nevada for 12.88 / twelve pack, so got some Torpedo, Pale Ale and Celebration. Always stock up when prices are that low.
The everyday price in Chico :)

The everyday price in Chico :)

Regular price here runs between $16 and $18, so I'm happy to get it for this price when I can.
It appears that our youngest daughter will be starting her doctorate program at UNC in Chapel Hill this fall, so will be visiting Sierra Nevada in NC at least once a year for the next 5 years. Love the Chico brewery and tap room and hear that NC is even bigger and better.

My brother lives in Roanoke and he visited the NC brewery. He said the same. It's brand new and Ken basically built it for his son. How sweet would that be...

Drinking me home grown cascade blonde more pear going on in the nose than grapefruit or citrus none of that to say the truth. It's pretty straight forward needs more hops and finishes just a touch too sweet but still this keg wont last long.
That's one of my new point of play Australorp cross chooks in the background learning what a chilly tastes like lol!:D them young chooks have a peck at everything sorta like little humans just sticking everything they get their hands on in their mouth...
20190314_155838.jpg

More rustic and earthy piney dankness plentiful pale.
Chicken stir fry anyone:rolleyes:.
20190314_180710.jpg

Last edited:
Drinking me home grown cascade blonde more pear going on in the nose than grapefruit or citrus none of that to say the truth. It's pretty straight forward needs more hops and finishes just a touch too sweet but still this keg wont last long.
That's one of my new point of play Australorp cross chooks in the background learning what a chilly tastes like lol!:D them young chooks have a peck at everything sorta like little humans just sticking everything they get their hands on in their mouth...View attachment 5439
More rustic and earthy piney dankness plentiful pale.
Chicken stir fry anyone:rolleyes:.View attachment 5440
I thought my first year hops were light on flavor and bitterness. Reading up on hops, it takes a year or two for them to develop. I left them on the vine for year 2 and looking forward to a well fertilized 3rd year crop this fall.

Back