What are you drinking right now?

View attachment 5350
Barleywine with some whisky/oak chip hints. Most of chip flavor faded but still a good barlewine example. Been out digging out from a week of snowstorm. Needed a warmer. Almost a year old now.
Oh very nice indeed there Headfirst looks nice rich and inviting! Will be submitting mine for ridicule this year:).

Cream ale (which has ended up clearing nicely...finally) and a REAL whisky sour, complete with egg white, real lemon juice squeezed by my hand, and home made simple syrup. Couple oz of 100 proof Evan Williams and I'm pretty happy bout now after a long week of on call and work.
20190301_185401-1024x1365.jpg

Sipping on my Dale's Pale Ale clone. Will need to take another stab at this one. Bitterness is way too harsh. Will definitely be moving some of the CTZ to later in the boil. Sampled my Black Currant/Jalapeño cider earlier. It's a keeper for sure.
Dale's.jpg

That reminds me. I'm out of PBR. Got my pipeline full, but still like to have some around.

Two beers and two ciders in the kegerator and a beer fermenting. One of the ciders is about ready to kick so will have room for the 3rd beer. Hoping to stay ahead of the game until mid May when we leave for Ireland and have a couple of beers conditioning for when we return.

I think the low IBU is calculated from only late hopping but also some breweries are using oil extracts which changes the mouth feel, I can taste it and do not care for it myself, is that the case here?

Trying to finish off my Mango/Habanero Cider and free up another tap for beer. Seems almost like a bottomless keg :) It has turned from brilliant to a bit hazy, so probably almost empty.
Cider.jpg

Finally kicked this keg after 3 pints of the 6.2% cider. Glad I didn't start with beer at noon :)
This was the first, and the last, time I've had2 ciders and only one beer on tap. Debating on whether to just limit the size of cider batches and bottling or just using a picnic tap for cider.

Back