What are you drinking right now?

First pour of my American Wheat. A little hazy but it has a good head and mouth feel. I think I'll mash a little lower next time to dry it out a bit? It's a bit sweet. Taste like oranges. My first attempt at this. Recipe is in my sig. Overall enjoyable. I'll try this again.

20190322_173420.jpg

Last edited:
Drinking my cascade blonde ale doing some gardening. See that big leafy bastard in the back ground it's a turmeric plant in front of that's some ginger and in front of that garlic chives in front of that beer! I've never grown a turmeric plant that big before it's a ripper.

Hmmmm turmeric and beer wonder how that's go LOL!
20190324_165311.jpg

Nice pic there Ben! You do have a green thumb. Good lacing on that blonde. I tried your suggestion of using a little wheat instead of Carapils. It’s working out well so far.

Nice pic there Ben! You do have a green thumb. Good lacing on that blonde. I tried your suggestion of using a little wheat instead of Carapils. It’s working out well so far.
Glad to hear as long as you like the flavour as well! Yeah that beer has 500g wheat in it. It keeps the foam stability I recon.

Dead Guy isn’t bad either.

No, it's not --------- and I do miss the Central Oregon coast --------- Newport in particular.
Great times crabbing off of the pier that terminates in the Rogue brewery parking lot. Many trips to the rest room, always returning with a freshly filled growler. BTW, the growlers were all filled from Rogue taps:)

Drinking my cascade blonde ale doing some gardening. See that big leafy bastard in the back ground it's a turmeric plant in front of that's some ginger and in front of that garlic chives in front of that beer! I've never grown a turmeric plant that big before it's a ripper.

Hmmmm turmeric and beer wonder how that's go LOL!View attachment 5529

I actually had a tumeric ginger beer last weekend. It was very well done. Intense and I couldn't have but one, but very well done.

I actually had a tumeric ginger beer last weekend. It was very well done. Intense and I couldn't have but one, but very well done.
What I get from turmeric is a nutty spicy earthy kinda thing going on. Ginger and turmeric go Hand in hand along with chilly now there's a wild combo:).
What colour was the beer interested because of that strong orange yellow colour turmeric. I bet it was murky as?

So it's my guys night, we have been doing this for 13 years now every Wednesday. When it is your birthday, you don't bring any beers the pallies got ya covered. Free beer tonight, starting with this beauty!
IMG_20190327_1808054~(1).jpg

Back