What are you drinking right now?

Dug a bloody stump out this arvo near these bees! It was a crowbar job stab and rip then leaver felt like id played a game of rugby by the time i was done i love it!
This beers finally cleared up 2 weeks into keg my beanangone lager itll certainly be gone soon at just less than 4%abv cheers!
20190406_173200.jpg

I am drinking patience....my Charlie Papazian Propensity Pilsner has finally cleaned up and boy did it taste good...65 degrees and partly sunny day spent cutting and splitting next years firewood.....by break time, the gray was upon me but you can still see the forest through the beer.

20190407_180848.jpeg

That's an awesome picture! Stark grey trees. Sky turned amber through the glass. The Band-Aid adds a blood and sweat aspect to the scene. Nicely done sir

Nice looking beer. It was nice here too. Broke 70, so went down and renewed my hunting/fishing license did a little tour of a few of my favorite spots and even wet a line. Favorite spot is a pond that's fed by an irrigation canal. It was way low. Guessing they are late in cycling through the canals due to it being a wet season. Another favorite feed into a canal just had too much flow to fish. Ended up at our main reservoir. Got real windy shortly after so only got in an hour or so fishing.
Took a nap and now enjoying a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, this one tastes like another.

Nice looking beer. It was nice here too. Broke 70, so went down and renewed my hunting/fishing license did a little tour of a few of my favorite spots and even wet a line. Favorite spot is a pond that's fed by an irrigation canal. It was way low. Guessing they are late in cycling through the canals due to it being a wet season. Another favorite feed into a canal just had too much flow to fish. Ended up at our main reservoir. Got real windy shortly after so only got in an hour or so fishing.
Took a nap and now enjoying a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, this one tastes like another.
I like that style. Not so different from nor cal ...

That's an awesome picture! Stark grey trees. Sky turned amber through the glass. The Band-Aid adds a blood and sweat aspect to the scene. Nicely done sir

Thanks Chico! I wish the head was a little more visible.... it's brilliant white. If I could get honey year round from my local guy around the corner here, I would be brewing this this more often. Maybe next year I'll double up the batch...I drank a case while waiting for this batch to clear!

Here's me LeahsLimeyLager... It's got some chill haze that I'm finding both lagers have with this mangrove jacks M84 bohimian lager yeast. Head retention sux as does aroma not lime but maybe just a hint in flavour if any which I'm gob smacked with. Next time post fermentation I'll add additions. But it's got some good flavour good bitterness ballance good mouthfeel so I'm happy with it.
20190410_184124.jpg

It is damn fine on a chilly 37F night in my buddy's garage watching playoff hockey, so ya, gonna be killer on a hot summer day!

I found this bottle while cleaning up the estate of my wife's grandmother Muriel Smith. Muriel and her husband Lloyd bought 5 acers of property just south of Red Bluff California in 1949. Her journey to California took place in the 1930s from Oklahoma with her husband Lloyd via Weaverville CA . She was born in west Texas in 1914 making her 103 years old when she passed last October in her home.

Muriel was a T-totaler so I'm not sure where the bottle came from. We found it while cleaning up. It had a piece of tape stuck to it with my name (Scott). I did research and have dated the bottle to 1968 based on the caraf and the seal. Not particularly good but here's to you Muriel! I loved you and I loved working on the walnut orchard keeping your dream of being a farmer alive. Choctaw nation rules babe!

20190411_145407.jpg

Last edited:
I found this bottle while cleaning up the estate of my wife's grandmother Muriel Smith. Muriel and her husband Lloyd bought 5 acers of property just south of Red Bluff California in 1949. Her journey to California took place in the 1930s from Oklahoma with her husband Lloyd via Weaverville CA . She was born in west Texas in 1914 making her 103 years old when she passed last October in her home.

Muriel was a T-totaler so I'm not sure where the bottle came from. We found it while cleaning up. It had a piece of tape stuck to it with my name (Scott). I did research and have dated the bottle to 1968 based on the caraf and the seal. Not particularly good but here's to you Muriel! I loved you and I loved working on the walnut orchard keeping your dream of being a farmer alive. Choctaw nation rules babe!

View attachment 5693

Nice bit of history and a cool find. She saved it for you!

20190412_143144_resized.jpg

4 -10's is my favorite shift work(next ro 3-5's):D. Here's to a happy Saison Friday afternoon to fellow brewers! This beer came up to expectations so the dam thing will probably blow tonight.:p
The list under the glasses is what I'm supose to be doing:rolleyes:.
CHEERS

Back