What are you drinking right now?

My Munich Pale Ale. 86% GW Premium 2-row, 14% Belgian Munich 10L. Bittered with Centennial@60 and then equal amounts of Cascade at 10 and 1. OG 1.055, FG 1.010, 38 IBUs, 25% from the 60 min. addition. Mashed at 152F and fermented with a Mangrove Jack's M44 slurry at 66F. Just under 6% ABV. Crisp, and a bit on the dry side.View attachment 5739
And super clear looks good Bob!

Summer coming?

20190418_185042.jpg

20190422_164142.jpg

Why Ella it's plenty fruity but a bit too full bodied I can't seem to smack back a heap of these without getting too full. Maybe I'll leave the wheat out with this yeast and mash lower to get better attenuation. My second batch with this Kviek yeast is done in 3 Days OG .050 FG .008 84% attenuation that brew I mashed 63c 40 mins then stepped to 68 20mins then 70.5 for 10. No wheat in that grist either... time will tell. Sorry for my ramblings happy Easter All (for me that was yesterday) !

Looks nice though Ben, even without the pool:p. I’m really into step mashing lately. On Pales & IPAs been going with 130, 144, 156 and 168. It’s overkill, but efficiency and attenuation have really improved.

I just cracked open a 2.5 year old strong brown ale. And dang, gentlemen, I wish I could share it with you, it's aging so gracefully (unlike its brewer....). The nose is alcohol, malt, some stone fruit, I'd go with cherry. The malt is rich, dark chocolatey goodness, surprising since the beer isn't that dark. Full-bodied, some alcohol, slightly warming, The rich chocolate and stone fruit flavors come through, with a slight hint of pleasant oxidation, tart on the finish, sweet on the front.... And still enough bitterness in the finish to make you want the next sip. Here's the recipe:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/288830/-voulez-vous-brown-ale

A warning, it was slightly disappointing at first. It almost has a trappist quality when aged.

I just cracked open a 2.5 year old strong brown ale. And dang, gentlemen, I wish I could share it with you, it's aging so gracefully (unlike its brewer....). The nose is alcohol, malt, some stone fruit, I'd go with cherry. The malt is rich, dark chocolatey goodness, surprising since the beer isn't that dark. Full-bodied, some alcohol, slightly warming, The rich chocolate and stone fruit flavors come through, with a slight hint of pleasant oxidation, tart on the finish, sweet on the front.... And still enough bitterness in the finish to make you want the next sip. Here's the recipe:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/288830/-voulez-vous-brown-ale

A warning, it was slightly disappointing at first. It almost has a trappist quality when aged.
I Iike it when that happens. My mom talks about me like that lol

Here's a look at that TwoandFro brew I did a week or so ago I'll admit this beer took longer to carb than it did to ferment. Run this one at 23c and kept the grist simple and only hop additions were FWH magnum and a Perle addition at 10 to go. It's less fruity than kveik at 33c it's pretty clean but not lager like more like a standard ale. Oh and I know to expect haze and plenty of it with this yeast. Cheers!
20190428_174157.jpg

Have been a fan of Wychwood since I first saw (and bought :D) a bottle of Hobgoblin in Scotland back in 2001-ish, if nothing else than for the artwork alone. Turns out the original Hobgoblin was a pretty good drop too...
Just discovered a new store here in town today with a pretty good beer selection, including many brews from Wychwood, some which are new to me. (needless to say, I bough a few)
After finishing a King Goblin (imo very good, but more of a "dessert" than a session beer), I have just cracked open a Hobgoblin IPA.
In a world of IPAs, not necessarily something to write home about, but it holds its own and is perfect for the weather (mid spring, post rain warm and sunny).
Hobgoblin-IPA.jpg

PS...and yes, in case anyone was wondering, I do live right across the street from a beverage store (was able to cleverly hide all of the cases stacked up behind the bottle and glass). The selection isn't the greatest, but sometimes suprises, and I never have to worry about no beer if my own runs out. ;)

Last edited:
My Resilience IPA. Never found the real thing, so can't compare to it. Mine is very much like Celebration, but a little more bitter than this years. This will definitely be on my list of keepers. Didn't fine this one, so it'll take a while to clear --------- if it lasts that long :)
Resiliance.jpg

Back