IMG_20190507_212549931.jpg

Through a glass darkly.

The shed
_DSC0769.jpg

The shed through a Sierra Nevada Helles

_DSC0765.jpg

The shed through a North Coast Belgian

_DSC0780.jpg

I'm not so sure about the Belgian. It is good but it tastes a bit like rock candy or cotton candy. I don't know much about the style. Not much malt coming through and definitely no hops.

Last edited:
Through a glass darkly.

The shed
View attachment 5968

The shed through a Sierra Nevada Helles

View attachment 5969

The shed through a North Coast Belgian

View attachment 5971

I'm not so sure about the Belgian. It is good but it tastes a bit like rock candy or cotton candy. I don't know much about the style. Not much malt coming through and definitely no hops.
Is that your brew shed? Looks like a kidt build? That last one sure does have a nice hue. Nice line up.

Recently imported in my son's suitcase, along with two 200ml glasses. They like serving in small glasses in the bruhaus, I believe so that it does not get warm on you. Or to confuse you into drinking more...
IMG_20190508_1801376.jpg

Recently imported in my son's suitcase, along with two 200ml glasses. They like serving in small glasses in the bruhaus, I believe so that it does not get warm on you. Or to confuse you into drinking more...
View attachment 5981
And I'm a big fan of the small glasses for those reasons (though sometimes I regret the second).

Lawn mown Check. POOL Filter cleaned Check. Beer Check;).
20190509_165949.jpg

This is My Fave beer ATM though the brown Ale I brewed a slight chocolate malty aroma and flavour heaps rounded and balanced nice malty flavour and all fermented at 39c ha ha! Ironic! One thing well two I did different this brew was... I added the brew salts to my mash (as in dumped it on top of my grains) also I added chalk after the mash before the boil not in with the mashed grains:rolleyes: my thinking was the Chalk would counter my Lactic acid in mash to keep mash PH in Check and therefore thought well I don't care what my boil PH is so I'll add chalk in here plus after 60min boil most wort (according to my thinking) is a point or two withing the Right PH if I added chalk before or after mash:confused:. Anyway it tastes Bonza Mate!
20190509_173740.jpg

Last edited:
Well how'd it taste?
Well, I enjoyed it, and the clarity was remarkable. It was light and crisp in the mouth, but the malt came through nicely. Very little bitterness, but I presume that is the style. I am not a Kolsch aficionado, but I enjoyed this beer. For me it would be great on a hot summer day.

Hoe Lee Fugg!
This is damn fine!
It is called, "Meanwhile Down in the Moxee"
Misnomered as an American IPA.
I want to call it a NE APA...
I have never, ever had a beer that I preferred to smell, than to drink, until now...
Out of this world!
IMG_20190510_0002387.jpg

I'm just hoping that what I hear about Ireland having a thriving craft brewing scene is true. Probably OK in Dublin, but we'll be spending most of our time County hopping in the western parts. Can't wait to taste Guinness' IPA:rolleyes::D.

BB's is a little roasty but still a good drinking beer.

Back