Calling all recipe gurus

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Calling all recipe gurus, I’ve brewed over 200 different recipes and I don't want a repeater for this brew, out of all the grains listed what would you come up with if it were you? only 10 gallon finished recipes please thanks

I'm not looking to use as much as possible, just your beer you would like to brew

Fermentables

1.5 Pounds American - Caramel / Crystal 120L
2.5 Pounds American - Caramel / Crystal 40L
1.5 Pounds American - Carapils (Dextrine Malt)
3.66 Pounds American - Chocolate
1.12 Pounds American - Roasted Barley
0.33 Pounds American - Smoked Malt
0.25 Pounds American - Special Roast
0.6 Pounds American - Victory
3 Pounds Belgian - Munich
3.2 Pounds Belgian - Special B
25 Pounds Canadian - Pale 2-Row
0.25 Pounds Flaked Barley
5 Pounds Flaked Corn
5 Pounds Flaked Rice
7 Pounds Flaked Wheat
3 Pounds German - De-Husked Caraf I
2 Pounds German - Melanoidin
0.25 Pounds German - Red X
3 Pounds United Kingdom - Amber

Hops

22 Ounces Cascade
2 Ounces Citra
4.5 Ounces Columbus
17.5 Ounces Hallertau Hersbrucker
10.5 Ounces Magnum
4.2 Ounces Motueka
15.5 Ounces Nelson Sauvin
6.5 Ounces Perle

Last edited:
Before I work on a recipe, How does a ~7% American Red ale sound?

doesn't matter anything from a blond to a porter will work, if I like it Ill brew it

I have a house yeast ale similar to west coast ale and a lager yeast

I can convert anything and I hope to get a bunch of idea's too thanks guys

What a great idea! Unfortunately, I'm still too green to offer much, but I like the idea of a community based recipe. Best of luck and looking forward to the results.

Done!
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/558278/ozark-s-new-favorite-black-ipa
:)

That's an adaptation of my (award winning) Pine Curtain Black IPA. I've got a bit of Rye in that one and the hops are all piney hops, but I think there are enough similarities that this should be a good version. It's a big, big, dark-malty brew with a little roast in the flavor, but not too much. I think your smoked malt along with some Victory and the Amber malt as well as the Perle and Magnum hops may give some of the nutty, spicy feel that's the Rye might bring.

@JA. Is the 1.87 oz correct on the Columbus hops in your recipe? All other additions are in more rounded numbers? Or is that to hit a style guideline by tweaking one of the hop additions to get the right bittering? Just curious as I am learning too. :D

Just didn't finish adjusting all the amounts after scaling up, I guess. :)

Looks like two incredibly tasty brews and a bit more complex than my 4 malt 2 hop combos. I think now Ozarks either you gotta brew em both or at least one of them and let us know how you fair unless your not satisfied with these two offers lol

Wish I could help, but not sure you need advise on a beer recipe from a relative noob like me.

They all look pretty good. That Pale Ale is quite close to my house Pale. I use less or no C-40 and more Victory, but that's almost exactly what my early versions looked like. Good beer! ;)

I changed the 40 to amber, it should be the same flavor as you like

Reactions: J A

Back