Calling all recipe gurus

I changed the 40 to amber, it should be the same flavor as you like

Looks good! I've got a keg of that beer left from a 10'er I brewed in July. It's starting to fade but it's still good beer. It's a session version, too, at about 4.3%. I'll probably burn that keg at an upcoming party and get another batch brewing so I can have it on hand in normal strength and a little fresher.
My go-to hop combo is Simcoe/Centennial or Simcoe/Cascade with either Citra or Mosaic at the end and a combo of all three for dryhop. I'ev been bittering that one with Warrior, but Magnum was my bittering hop on the first several batches.

Looks good! I've got a keg of that beer left from a 10'er I brewed in July. It's starting to fade but it's still good beer. It's a session version, too, at about 4.3%. I'll probably burn that keg at an upcoming party and get another batch brewing so I can have it on hand in normal strength and a little fresher.
My go-to hop combo is Simcoe/Centennial or Simcoe/Cascade with either Citra or Mosaic at the end and a combo of all three for dryhop. I'ev been bittering that one with Warrior, but Magnum was my bittering hop on the first several batches.

here's one Yooper created you might like, I changed it a bit for my set up
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/557143/yooper-s-house-ipa

Nice! More and more I lean toward simplicity in recipes with the exception of malt-forward amber and dark ales. Sometimes you really need several ingredients to contribute to complexity, but for Pale Ales and such, 3 ingredients has pretty much become my limit.
I did a beer like that hop-bursted with Simcoe and Amarillo with both in the dry-hop at yeast pitch. It had phenomenal hop aroma and flavor. :)
This is making me want to get brewing on some hoppy beers! :cool:

I'd brew a 1.050 Helles with your 2 row and about 10% Munich or 2-3% Melanoidin. 20 IBU Hersbrucker with a FWH and a 20 min addition.

I have all of these saved, I'm brewing Monday I hope, woke up to 29F this morning :eek:

I have all of these saved, I'm brewing Monday I hope, woke up to 29F this morning :eek:

Chilly here too. Had to chase the deer out of the way so I could start the truck to go hunting today. We humans are a weird bunch. I will drive way up into the mountains and hike all over looking for deer and elk who are not the neighborhood pets.o_O
If we popped a couple in the yard do you think the neighbor that feeds them would accept we were saving fossil fuel and not wasting gas?

Chilly here too. Had to chase the deer out of the way so I could start the truck to go hunting today. We humans are a weird bunch. I will drive way up into the mountains and hike all over looking for deer and elk who are not the neighborhood pets.o_O
If we popped a couple in the yard do you think the neighbor that feeds them would accept we were saving fossil fuel and not wasting gas?
No. I just finished a visit in western Kentucky and even there, killing the deer in your backyard is frowned upon.

No. I just finished a visit in western Kentucky and even there, killing the deer in your backyard is frowned upon.

We wouldn't enjoy the walks in the woods by doing that either.

Montana law says no shooting within 300 yards of an inhabitable building. I guess my yard is not that big. Off to the woods we go.

I will say deer are not tame at all, hoofs and horns will tear up anything when they get mad or stressed

As for your Motueka Hops I brewed two light lagers with them and I've found this hop to be not very expressive at all. I won't be purchasing this hop again in a hurry. Maybe it's not suited to light lager style but there a re many more hops that come to mind I'd use over this hop now. Just my 2c. Not sure what everyone else thinks of it?o_O

As for your Motueka Hops I brewed two light lagers with them and I've found this hop to be not very expressive at all. I won't be purchasing this hop again in a hurry. Maybe it's not suited to light lager style but there a re many more hops that come to mind I'd use over this hop now. Just my 2c. Not sure what everyone else thinks of it?o_O

I just brewed a New Zealand Pislner with Motueka and Nelson hops. Never brewed with either so not sure which hop I don't like or if it is both. I suspect it is the Nelson I don't like. There is a grassy flavor I don't like which from googling appears to be the Nelson.

You have everything to make a Cream Ale or a Blonde. I know its not exciting, but they sure are crowd pleasers around the holidays

yes I agree, I've made a bunch this summer for me and the family, part of my family from Colorado are hop heads, I guess its time for a couple of both

Back