Calling all recipe gurus

I have a keg of my Cream Ale that just hit 3 months...it's embarrassingly close to commercial beer. Pilsner, corn, Saaz, Cluster, house yeast blend. Super simple, super clean, and at 4.5%, it's a slammer beer. I really have to make another batch so I can lager it. This beer is quite, quite good at 6 weeks or even 5, but it's in a different league at this point.

I think Ive posted this before but this is a really good beer

7 lb United Kingdom – Golden Promise
2 lb Flaked Rice
0.25 lb American – Carapils

1 oz Cluster Boil 45 min

Reactions: J A
I wonder how that would lager?

I wonder how that would lager?
Do you mean how would it perform with a lager yeast? Or how would it be after it's kept cold for a couple of months? Either way, it'd be quite fine. I do a rice lager with S-23 like that and it's great.
To be brewed according to style, cream ale should be pretty much indistinguishable from an American Lager, with slightly more malt in the nose and flavor being desirable in the Cream Ale and the yeast profile generally being cleaner in the lager...though it should be noted that the guidelines allow for more esters in the American Lager than in European lagers and the Cream Ale guidelines state "Low fruity esters are optional."
Slightly fruity lager yeast and very clean Ale yeast will yield almost identical beers if they're cold-aged for a while.

That recipe with any lager yeast will yield a great beer. Don't know how malty Golden Promise is, but I'm sure that putting it's flavor on display with a clean lager yeast will do just fine. I might consider a more neutral hop for a super clean lager, like Willamette or something that gets some Saaz-like spice...maybe Sterling.

the thing about golden promise is its sweet, probably the sweetest grain available and along with the cluster which is also sweet, it will give you a taste like Budweiser and with the right bitterness, it will give you a sharp finish which is what my family likes

Having just brewed yoy blondie being same frist as your above mentioned recipie i am amazed at how quickly it is clearing up.

Next time i brew it ill step mash it for sure.

That recipe with any lager yeast will yield a great beer. Don't know how malty Golden Promise is, but I'm sure that putting it's flavor on display with a clean lager yeast will do just fine. I might consider a more neutral hop for a super clean lager, like Willamette or something that gets some Saaz-like spice...maybe Sterling.
I did a Helles with Golden Promise: Very sweet and very malty but a caramel malt rather than Vienna's clean bready malt flavor.

Back