What's your next brew

Planning a sort of nut brown ale weekend after next (when my ferm chamber is free again). Using some grains leftover from previous brews: Golden Promise, UK dark crystal, Special B, torrefied wheat, and a dab of pale choc for color. EKG hops and pitching Notty.

Before I can use the ferm chamber, need to bottle the wee heavy that's been in there over a month, then cellar it for a few more months.

Planning a sort of nut brown ale weekend after next (when my ferm chamber is free again). Using some grains leftover from previous brews: Golden Promise, UK dark crystal, Special B, torrefied wheat, and a dab of pale choc for color. EKG hops and pitching Notty.

Before I can use the ferm chamber, need to bottle the wee heavy that's been in there over a month, then cellar it for a few more months.
A brown ale you say? Have you checked out the q4 community brew?

She who must be obeyed wants a pumpkin for Christmas. I have frozen, homemade puree now and will probably be brewing the day after Black Friday. Afterall Black Friday is my official day for surf fishing.
Beats the heck outta going shopping. Certainly, a lot quieter and less stressful. Going shopping on Black Friday only reinforces the definition of the word STRESS. STRESS: The physical and mental effects of when the mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the sh** out of someone that desperately deserves it." Being the poster child for road rage prevents me from having to drive the missus into the foray of stupidity. If she goes on Black Friday, she's on her own.

Beats the heck outta going shopping. Certainly, a lot quieter and less stressful. Going shopping on Black Friday only reinforces the definition of the word STRESS. STRESS: The physical and mental effects of when the mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the sh** out of someone that desperately deserves it." Being the poster child for road rage prevents me from having to drive the missus into the foray of stupidity. If she goes on Black Friday, she's on her own.
Lol. I may have to settle for putting a chair on what beach is left if I can get to it after the hurricane.

Last edited:
Making a rye Kolsch tomorrow morning and it will be brew #8 for me. Been a member since last year but new poster on here. My last beer was a Kolsch and everyone loved it so i decided to experiment and add some Rye.

Welcome to the forum @Simonpyman! Tweaking recipes is when homebrewing get's to be fun. Unless you don't like the results. Then we call it "Learning".

That sounds hectic!

I need to start thinking about another Voss kveik as my current one is almost ready for bottling. Gonne put the new wort on the trub. But what wort....
Current is 2/3 malted wheat, 1/3 pilsner malt.
Saaz & lemon grass, lime peel & coriander

Snowflake IIPA
10%
Over 100 IBUs
I designed this one for all the snowflakes out there! Haha!
So big and bitter it'll make you cry and protest!
I stir the pot often!
We have a place down here that made something with even more IBUs than that. I think it was right on the edge of not being able to taste them any higher. I would have liked to drink something like that a few years ago. These days, I might do a very occasional Belgian in the 8 or 9% range but gaining bunches of weight and feeling like a truck hit me the next day put me off the big IPAs, unless it is a just a taster.

Looks super tasty. I dropped the ball this year on a Christmas beer. If I have time and good slurry I’m planning a Dunkel bock which would fit the bill for a strong dark beer for the winter.

next up for me is probably my usual Dunkel since I just tapped a Dunkel yesterday.

My Xmas brew is gonna be a little late this year

Yes, I am in the same boat. Pretty sure it is at it's final gravity finally. Software says 1.012, hit 1.015 a few days ago and is at 1.014 now. Might bottle it tonight if I get off my butt and get motivated, but looking more like bottling tomorrow.

Yes, I am in the same boat. Pretty sure it is at it's final gravity finally. Software says 1.012, hit 1.015 a few days ago and is at 1.014 now. Might bottle it tonight if I get off my butt and get motivated, but looking more like bottling tomorrow.
At least yours is already brewed lol

Back