What's your next brew

Hey @Trialben, is that base malt like Vienna @ 3.6L?
Also, did you ever try flipping the amounts of you CC and Gypsum in a recipe like this? It would make the mouthfeel luscious.
Cheers
It's a craft malt from down NSW somewhere it is quite malty compared to other base malts I've used its supposed to be a marris otter copy is how I read that velora Schooner malt.

Yeah in the blond water chem I'm going for crisp bitter on the mouthfeel. Now its heating up I'll probably push the water profile this way on most beers rather than malt forward and rounded.
The BU:GU is pretty low on that pop beer so I think the ballance will be good with that sulphates to chloride ratio.
The beer drank nicely last time I brewed it though I have tweeked it with that more malty base malt.

I should flip it next run and see thanks for the thoughts Brian.

It's a craft malt from down NSW somewhere it is quite malty compared to other base malts I've used its supposed to be a marris otter copy is how I read that velora Schooner malt.

Yeah in the blond water chem I'm going for crisp bitter on the mouthfeel. Now its heating up I'll probably push the water profile this way on most beers rather than malt forward and rounded.
The BU:GU is pretty low on that pop beer so I think the ballance will be good with that sulphates to chloride ratio.
The beer drank nicely last time I brewed it though I have tweeked it with that more malty base malt.

I should flip it next run and see thanks for the thoughts Brian.
I forget it's getting hot for you now as we are heading to cold!
I like the crisp water profile, but that beer, at least to me, screams rich body.
The best part is you can brew it and make 2 very different beers.
Sounds like an experiment for @Sunfire96

I forget it's getting hot for you now as we are heading to cold!
I like the crisp water profile, but that beer, at least to me, screams rich body.
The best part is you can brew it and make 2 very different beers.
Sounds like an experiment for @Sunfire96
Pretty much what I'm intending it to be :).

Yup. Been hitting the brew a bit too much. Got to drop a few pounds, kilos etc.
I hear ya. Humans evolved to add fat more easily as winter comes. I exercise so I can drink. A half hour walk is all, entitles me to one or 2 beers. Inclement weather finds me at the mall or wallymart.

“Munich 1870” for me. 98% Munich II and 2% melanoidan. 33 IBU of Hallertau at first wort. Recipe mention as Munich Lagerbier from 1870.
F3B09812-38DC-46D9-B87E-5A84B190CE56.png

I hear ya. Humans evolved to add fat more easily as winter comes. I exercise so I can drink. A half hour walk is all, entitles me to one or 2 beers. Inclement weather finds me at the mall or wallymart.

The tapper is downstairs, does that count as exercise?

My weather next weekend into the following week. Fermenting in the non insulated garage. This will get me through 50% attenuation and it can warm from there. I’ll pitch all the slurry from the dunkel that is “resting” now

I joined a "recipe of the every-other month" club and get my first delivery this week. This shipment is a California Common. I think it comes with Northern Brewer hops, which I might swap out for Spalt or Cascade (not a big fan of NB...it's the mint I think.) And since I still need a holiday beer, I'll probably up the ABV to something in the 6-7% range, maybe even 8% if I can swing it.

So a strong, hybrid amber, with some good bitterness and hoppiness. Sounds like a great holiday beer to me! Maybe I'll use the liter of S04 slurry from the pumpkin beer, which probably has some residual spices. Could be good!

Back