What's your next brew

Next brew will be "Hawkbox IPA", it will be a little while though, probably mid to late May.
With trailer season upon us (May 1 to Oct 31), it will be more difficult to find time to brew, Sunday evenings may be my new go to brew time.
If you don't recall, I wasn't able to brew for a year and a half due to a back injury.
After getting back at it last February I was able to brew 10 batches.
I have already done 6 batches this year, yay me!
I feel your pain, well, mostly I feel MY pain. Missed a bit of brewing because of rotator cuff surgeries and sciatica to go with it. Sometimes, buying something is the smarter idea. Having lotsa shoulder pains again lately, indicating another tear. NOT GOOD AT ALL. Was told last time if I tore the right one again it would be a complete reconstruction and longer recovery. Not looking forward to it, at all. Nursing it along right now and trying to avoid doing the stupid 26 year old things that my 66 year old body keeps telling me not to do (after the fact).

I feel your pain, well, mostly I feel MY pain. Missed a bit of brewing because of rotator cuff surgeries and sciatica to go with it. Sometimes, buying something is the smarter idea. Having lotsa shoulder pains again lately, indicating another tear. NOT GOOD AT ALL. Was told last time if I tore the right one again it would be a complete reconstruction and longer recovery. Not looking forward to it, at all. Nursing it along right now and trying to avoid doing the stupid 26 year old things that my 66 year old body keeps telling me not to do (after the fact).
Sorry to hear about that buddy. I have been struggling with shoulder pain recently myself. Sleeping on my back re covering from this surgery has done wonders for my shoulders! Going to continue sleeping on my back from here on out!

Sorry to hear about that buddy. I have been struggling with shoulder pain recently myself. Sleeping on my back re covering from this surgery has done wonders for my shoulders! Going to continue sleeping on my back from here on out!
You can always cut a hole in the mattress where the shoulders fit in...
(OK, not that funny. But you're really not supposed to laugh, it'll pull out the stitches)

You can always cut a hole in the mattress where the shoulders fit in...
(OK, not that funny. But you're really not supposed to laugh, it'll pull out the stitches)
1712943086665.png

I'm deciding between Q2 and a ginger beer....

Well everything seems to be running good with the temp control system, so I'm planning another double brew day for Memorial Day weekend, Shore Leave and Shady Bohemian, going to reuse the M54 in one of the fermenters for the Shady and pitch fresh for the Shore Leave

I'm procastrinating....
Not sure what I want to make and which yeast to use.
Most of the year, kveik Voss is the only option, but it's cooling down somewhat, so I could use something else.

I'm procastrinating....
Not sure what I want to make and which yeast to use.
Most of the year, kveik Voss is the only option, but it's cooling down somewhat, so I could use something else.
Better have a cold beer and think about it for a while. (Hour permitting, time zone)

Cal Common/Anchor Steam pseudo-lager is up next for me. I'm thinking of calling it, "Thank Your Spleen." Brewing something else that I can't buy anymore...
Also starting to look into making some flavored sparkling water for my wife.

I can't decide what to brew next. I want to keep honing my attempt at a perfect pale ale, but I also still have some random hops to use up. I think I should probably take a step back from the pale ale attempts and brew something different. I'm currently thinking a 7% IPA using all Enigma hops. I'm also running low on cider, and it's honestly been my go-to beverage on tap. I'll be brewing on Tuesday so I guess we'll see what happens!

Not a big fruit or foofoo beer fan, but this one looks really good. Strawberry wheat beer made with lemon drop hops.

https://share.brewfather.app/0pqCUfiNY4aajo
Ditto, but Cahaba Brewing makes a Strawberry Blonde that is quite tasty on warm afternoons while cooling down after some yard work. Don’t mind a bit of citrus in a Belgian wheat either, but shandies don’t work for me. Just not a tutti fruity guy. To each their own though.

Talk about foofoo beers, one local brewery makes a skittles-flavored beer and a froot loops-flavored beer. With pallets of skittles and froot loops, of course.

Planning on Shore Leave Cali Common Sunday along with either Shady Bohemian or my tavern ale(ran out yesterday)

I think for the competition in August I want to submit 2 beers. Right now I'm leaning towards my baltic porter, and this pale ale recipe I've been working on. Might as well get some feedback from the quasi-professionals about what they think about the pale ale. The baltic porter recipe I'm really proud of, and I think it's fits the style guidelines well. But who knows, maybe it's actually way off :) we'll find out!

I have until August 3rd to drop off submissions, but I don't want to brew these at the new place. We're moving by the end of June, so I've got to get going!

I think for the competition in August I want to submit 2 beers. Right now I'm leaning towards my baltic porter, and this pale ale recipe I've been working on. Might as well get some feedback from the quasi-professionals about what they think about the pale ale. The baltic porter recipe I'm really proud of, and I think it's fits the style guidelines well. But who knows, maybe it's actually way off :) we'll find out!

I have until August 3rd to drop off submissions, but I don't want to brew these at the new place. We're moving by the end of June, so I've got to get going!
Didn't you just move into the place your in?
Find a great new place?

Back