Covid

All I know is that Covid has made it almost impossible for me to travel back to Houston to see my kids. My daughter had a baby (my first grandchild) in June of 2020 and I have yet to see him. When will the country I currently reside, finally concede and let things open up so I can travel again? I have to say my patience is a little thin these days.....especially after getting a 7 day at home quarantine. Oh well.....guess I tough it out a little longer...... Here's to the beers and the people that brew them!

All I know is that Covid has made it almost impossible for me to travel back to Houston to see my kids. My daughter had a baby (my first grandchild) in June of 2020 and I have yet to see him. When will the country I currently reside, finally concede and let things open up so I can travel again? I have to say my patience is a little thin these days.....especially after getting a 7 day at home quarantine. Oh well.....guess I tough it out a little longer...... Here's to the beers and the people that brew them!
This is why we beer.

When will the country I currently reside, finally concede and let things open up so I can travel again? I have to say my patience is a little thin these days.....especially after getting a 7 day at home quarantine.

Hmmm...if I heard it right..not in the city that you are in but in that coastal city to the Southeast ...they clamped down over there after a hand full of cases were reported.....in a city of 25 millon and now mandatory testing...the clampdown is a little more selective where you are per MSN and CNN.

Congratulations on the Grand kid buddy! Stay positive...test negative!

Hmmm...if I heard it right..not in the city that you are in but in that coastal city to the Southeast ...they clamped down over there after a hand full of cases were reported.....in a city of 25 millon and now mandatory testing...the clampdown is a little more selective where you are per MSN and CNN.

Congratulations on the Grand kid buddy! Stay positive...test negative!
Yeah......they shut down a city of 25 million people.....I'm hoping we are not next.

I had covid 8 months ago, but I still suffer from some negative consequences. I have high blood pressure, weakness sometimes and insomnia. So, I need to take some meds. I’ve read that these symptoms are common after covid and there is nothing to worry about. I'm taking some supplements from Canadian pharmac I was wondering if anyone else has consequences after covid.

Last edited by a moderator:
No consequences for me, though I was fully vaxxed and boosted so I have to wonder if that helped.

But my cousin almost died, and my next door neighbor did die. So there's that.

We got hit in April. My wife was knocked on her ass for 2 weeks but doesn't seem to have any lingering symptoms. I felt almost nothing immediately but my lungs ache almost constantly since and my memory is seriously shot, that covid brain fog is real and scary.

Wife's uncle was doing chemo and caught it, he didn't last very long unfortunately.

So far neither I nor ms. Nosy has had it, that we know of. We were pretty careful. I am sorry for your loss, Hawkbox....

It sucks but in all fairness he was dying already, it just basically killed him a year sooner than he would have died anyway. Which according to our provincial leader doesn't count as a covid death. Cause you know dying in a car crash if you have cancer doesn't count too.

I have had it - probably twice (according to my daughter) - but no problems except I need to drink beer every day but is that a true problem?

I have had it - probably twice (according to my daughter) - but no problems except I need to drink beer every day but is that a true problem?

Hmmm... maybe I am a long hauler. I seem to have that same symptom.

Bloody covid :D maybe one of the good things I've herd about it lol!

Well it took awhile but me and the family got Covid.

There don't seem to be any care about this No more lol.

Funny a couple of years ago I would been told to isolate and trace where I've been.

These day well seems like oh what's all the fuss about...

Last edited:
Well it took awhile but my and the family got Covid.
There don't seem to be any care about this No more lol.
Funny a couple of years ago I would been told to isolate and trace where I've been.
These day well seems like oh what's all the fuss about...

Not going to "like" this one Ben. It's good you didn't get it until now. The virus has mutated to a more virulent but less lethal strain now. Plus Matilda isn't an infant anymore. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Back