Covid

Sorry to hear 'bout that Ozark
I thought covid had more or less gone...

Sorry to hear 'bout that Ozark
I thought covid had more or less gone...
Last September we went on a big group bus trip to Ireland. Pretty much everyone on the bus had Covid by the time we got back

My family (of 5) has decided to ignore the existence of COVID, now that it has devolved into just another flu. We don't worry if we catch a normal flu vs. COVID vs. whatever else. We've all had it, we didn't die, and to be honest we rarely get sick at all anymore anyway. We no longer get vaccinated boosters for it. If we get sick, well that sucks. But we don't care whether it's COVID or something else. Just lay in bed if necessary, drink plenty of fluids, and get well soon. Good luck to ya'll.

My family (of 5) has decided to ignore the existence of COVID, now that it has devolved into just another flu. We don't worry if we catch a normal flu vs. COVID vs. whatever else. We've all had it, we didn't die, and to be honest we rarely get sick at all anymore anyway. We no longer get vaccinated boosters for it. If we get sick, well that sucks. But we don't care whether it's COVID or something else. Just lay in bed if necessary, drink plenty of fluids, and get well soon. Good luck to ya'll.
yes like you said it just feels like a bad cold or bug, nothing bad other than severe headaches so I'm good, I get a few days on the couch lol

Oh mate you got the Rona!

My my my mighty Rona.

Good luck hope the taste don't go this time around ;) ;) you know so you can taste them beers!

I have been under the weather myself since Saturday (brewed that day anyway), I doubt that it is the RONA, but being sick sure sucks big bonochies!
I work form home now, so I haven't missed any time except for the odd nap here and there.

I have been under the weather myself since Saturday (brewed that day anyway), I doubt that it is the RONA, but being sick sure sucks big bonochies!
I work form home now, so I haven't missed any time except for the odd nap here and there.
the current strain is HV.1, it just acts like a severe sinus infection so its hard to tell

The death rate in Alberta from Covid is literally 10X the death rate of flu, so I won't be being that cavalier about it.

My perspective on Covid has changed slightly since earlier this month. A couple weeks ago we celebrated Christmas early at my brothers house. The next day my brother called and said he had Covid. Yeah… maybe if you know you’re not feeling great, you might not want to host a party with 20 people at your house right before the holidays. My wife and I just got over Covid yesterday, and now my son has it, thanks to my brother for being an idiot. Don’t be that guy. Right when we were supposed to have my wife’s family over at our house to celebrate, and we had all the food ready and preparation‘s finished, then I lost my sense of taste and smell for three days, couldn’t have any people over, and couldn’t enjoy any of it anyways. Oh well. We’re going to celebrate New Year’s with my wife’s family instead.

COVID or not, when you aren't feeling well, you should NOT be around others.
I had a similar situation in early December, a friend came over that wasn't feeling well, at least he had tested and it wasn't COVID.
Two days later I am unwell, and we missed an annual Christmas gathering with friends.
Five days later Barb came down with it, and we had to skip out on another annual gathering with my work friends.
My friend felt terrible, he really thought that he wasn't contagious anymore, live and learn...

If you knowingly infect someone else with anything you're an asshole. Plus side the green box covid tests were cooked to hide false negatives which is... you know.. not great.

If you knowingly infect someone else with anything you're an asshole. Plus side the green box covid tests were cooked to hide false negatives which is... you know.. not great.
Even if it's just a cold. Over the years, society had become kinda lax about taking sick days, but, ya know, they're a good idea. Stay home if you might be sick, covid or whatever. If you absolutely have to go out, wrap yourself in aluminum foil, the nonstick kind, to keep others safe.

I mean, if you saw someone, in public, wrapped in aluminum foil, wouldn't you stay far away from them??

Even if it's just a cold. Over the years, society had become kinda lax about taking sick days, but, ya know, they're a good idea. Stay home if you might be sick, covid or whatever. If you absolutely have to go out, wrap yourself in aluminum foil, the nonstick kind, to keep others safe.

I mean, if you saw someone, in public, wrapped in aluminum foil, wouldn't you stay far away from them??
I may try that on future Mondays

Well said Don, I hate being in my office and hearing someone hacking up a lung somewhere in the building. Stay the hell home! At least with my company we can literally work from anywhere on the planet, why do you need to infect your coworkers?

The death rate in Alberta from Covid is literally 10X the death rate of flu, so I won't be being that cavalier about it.
The leading cause of death in Alberta (2021), according to the Alberta government, was "Unknown Causes"...covid
ranked number 4 on that list. I think there's BIGGER concerns in Alberta than "covid". 2022 stats still have "unknown
causes" beating covid deaths, although it wasn't the LEADING cause that year.

https://open.alberta.ca/opendata/leading-causes-of-death

OK? And what's your point?

Understood Don. My apologies.

Back