Covid

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So I just found out that my mom tested positive this week. She is fully vaccinated and says that she had only had symptoms about like a minor head cold.

No, I haven’t been exposed as far as I know. Concerning as much as I travel for my work. This delta variant is no joke.

So I just found out that my mom tested positive this week. She is fully vaccinated and says that she had only had symptoms about like a minor head cold.

No, I haven’t been exposed as far as I know. Concerning as much as I travel for my work. This delta variant is no joke.
So sorry to hear that, I hope she makes a speedy recovery. We were invited to a wedding in Mississippi later this month and I don't think I could've NOPED fast enough. We (my household) are back to outdoor dining/takeout only and masks in public places always, and we are both fully vaccinated. I appreciate you sharing your family's experience Bulin, and really hope this thread doesn't spiral into needing to be locked. Cheers

Ah bugger that sux I hope she gets through it mate.
Yeah we just got outta lockdown over here it spreads quick and the youngsters are affected too now.

Thoughts and prayers your way. Getting scary again around here. My mom is a maternity nurse and they are having more mothers positive and a few babies

That's tough. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully being vaccinated will protect her from the worst of it. My employer is back to masks required for employees regardless of status. Really considering telling my in-laws they can't come around unless they get vaccinated but know they'll take it the wrong way. I have an immune suppressed wife (she's on medication for an autoimmune disorder which suppresses her immune system so she gets sick easily) who is vaccinated but also pregnant with twins. I see a very uncomfortable conversation coming.

I work at a state facility, masks are mandated again, they even have a covid wing with full gowns, gloves and face masks are mandatory, people are getting stupid again, sorry but we could have killed this had we not listened to the political garbage and news
Thankfully our governor today announced all kids and faculty K-12 will be wearing masks. My daughter starting kindergarten is a huge worry. She wears her mask well and last week at kindergarten camp I think she was the only kid with one on.

That's tough. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully being vaccinated will protect her from the worst of it. My employer is back to masks required for employees regardless of status. Really considering telling my in-laws they can't come around unless they get vaccinated but know they'll take it the wrong way. I have an immune suppressed wife (she's on medication for an autoimmune disorder which suppresses her immune system so she gets sick easily) who is vaccinated but also pregnant with twins. I see a very uncomfortable conversation coming.
You gotta do what's right for you and your Family if they love you they will understand if not well to bad.

So sorry to hear of your challenges with this evil nasty. Stay strong everybody. And smart.

Last edited:
If I were in your situation I wouldn't hesitate one second to lay down the law to keep my wife safe.
If they take it the wrong way? Tough $hit.

You gotta do what's right for you and your Family if they love you they will understand if not well to bad.
Agreed. It's not about their comfort level, it's about yours. Hopefully they'll understand since they're family. If not, hopefully in a few months this will peter out again and things will go back to normal

. I see a very uncomfortable conversation coming.
Sorry, but I am with everyone else: lay down the law, and 2fb if they take offense.

For a second, just imagine if your wife got covid and it went very badly. Would anything else matter? Is that something your family would 'get over'? No compromise. Follow MY rules or stay away.

Sorry, but I am with everyone else: lay down the law, and 2fb if they take offense.
I definitely had to look up "2FB" and the 1st response I got was two faced b*tch. I thought 'that doesn't seem quite right...' I finally found the answer after some digging lol thanks for teaching me a new one Don :D

Yeah, my wife and her mom have some real tension between them and most of it stems from boundary issues. That's why I wanted things well thought out and do it face to face. Then my wife texted her parents this morning about vaccine stuff...
Between my mother-in-law not understanding when she's over stepping her bounds and disrespecting us and my wife lacking any real tact things get ugly fast around here.

My 2 cents on how to handle this situation with your in-laws would be to state things in a way that doesn't make them defensive. They probably feel that it is their "right" not to be forced to get the vaccine. You can't win that argument so don't try. Simply state that, by the same line of reasoning, you shouldn't be forced to put your family in danger either (from a medically & scientifically proven life-threatening risk). Basically, their "rights" don't supersede yours.

@Sunfire96 Yeah, too effin bad is 2fb. I'm not big on posting bad words. That does not mean I don't use them.

So @BarbarianBrewer has it right, but they are her parents, if they are OK endangering her life (literally) then that's (too bad). Redacted.

Sounds like @SabreSteve has it under control. Our deepest sympathies. Onward!

My 2 cents on how to handle this situation with your in-laws would be to state things in a way that doesn't make them defensive. They probably feel that it is their "right" not to be forced to get the vaccine. You can't win that argument so don't try. Simply state that, by the same line of reasoning, you shouldn't be forced to put your family in danger either (from a medically & scientifically proven life-threatening risk). Basically, their "rights" don't supersede yours.
Yeah that's where I basically am. They've pulled the whole "we believe we're following God's will" argument. It's a total cop out BS. I even have, believe it or not, a BA in Biblical Studies/Christian Ministry (surprise!!) but you know I'm just a kid to them and there's no logic someone using that argument will actually listen to. I'm just not looking forward to more family drama between her and her mom

Back