Covid

I'm gonna be masking for a long time since I don't know who is carrying it. Plus I haven't been sick at all.
I've been sick once in the last 2 years and that aspect of masking has been fantastic. I will continue to mask up until I'm legally told that I can't (which in the southern US is actually a law in some places due to the unfortunate existence of the klan...)

Also there are folks who are physically unable to receive the vaccine and other folks who are immunocompromised that will likely die if they become infected, regardless of the variant. All these attempts to return to "normalcy" seem like a big eff you to them, if you ask me.

I was going to say that's utter nonsense until you mentioned the klan. The reason I get a flu shot every year isn't to protect me but it's to protect people I care about. I think this normalcy thing is incredibly selfish personally. A little bit of inconvenience isn't worth someone else's life?

Welp in less than 2 weeks after being made to return to her office my wife tested positive yesterday for covid. She's doing ok so far but is worse today than she was yesterday. So far I'm fine and I hope I stay that way but what little patience I had for peoples nonsense about mild inconvenience is completely out the window now.

Welp in less than 2 weeks after being made to return to her office my wife tested positive yesterday for covid. She's doing ok so far but is worse today than she was yesterday. So far I'm fine and I hope I stay that way but what little patience I had for peoples nonsense about mild inconvenience is completely out the window now.

hope everything goes well, my best wishes

Thanks, we're both healthy and vaxxed otherwise so hopefully this is the worst it gets. I probably have it and am just not testing positive so I'm being responsible as well and staying the hell home.

Thanks, we're both healthy and vaxxed otherwise so hopefully this is the worst it gets. I probably have it and am just not testing positive so I'm being responsible as well and staying the hell home.
Good luck mate yup I've had casual contacts through work with people who were supposed to be "isolating".
My fault more so its soo easy to become complacent hey.

I've got no symptoms but giving it to my Daughter scares the crap out of me

I probably should have isolated sooner than I did but I ended up with a puppy I was committed to deliver 500km away so I did a long ass day of driving to drop it off and be as careful as I possibly could while doing so.

I've been vaxxed and boosted twice.
I had a minor surgery scheduled for February and went in for a test the week before. It came back positive and I had no idea: absolutely no symptoms. This was after the first booster and before the second.
I'm so glad I got vaxxed and boosted. Because of medication I take I'm immune system compromised.

My oldest brother (65) had it this past week. He had the 1st booster, so 3 doses in total. He had relatively mild symptoms, which were persistent through the week. Still testing positive as of yesterday. One of my closest friends just tested positive Friday, he had a "stuffy nose" Friday and Saturday, and feels 100% today.

Maybe the good to come from this is that with any flu or cold illness most people will isolate in future. Maybe the workplace sickness martyr is a thing of the past... here is hopingo_O

My wife and I will get our second boosters tomorrow. The objective is to stay out of the hospital, that is why we’re vaccinated and boosted. In mid-May, we’ll be flying to Portland, Oregon to spend a week on the Oregon coast. On the flight, we’ll be masking, regardless whether it’s required or not.

Everyone in the world is acting like we are "post covid" now. These stories are just affirming to me that we are still in the thick of it. Be safe everybody, cheers.
Indeed we still are. The light is visible at the end of the tunnel, but I can't tell if it is daylight or a train...

To me it's the next flu, no more.
Move on and deal with it.
If you're in a high risk situation, be more careful.
That's all.

To me it's the next flu, no more.
Move on and deal with it.
If you're in a high risk situation, be more careful.
That's all.
This sounds like a big f*ck you to any immunocompromised people. This is bigger than all of us, Brian. Being able to take the vaccine and social distance is a privilege. Your business is dependent on living, breathing humans; maybe you should give a shit, eh? Cheers

Yeah, I'm not going to go into it but that's not cool at all.

Back