I brewed today!

Base Jumper 4 with Pilsner malt coming up. This one will get the longest conditioning time, as both of my serving kegs still have beer
20220714_081147.jpg

Wow sounds delicate.

That mild I brewed yesterday was the thickest mash I've done all them oats and wheat malt and choc rye made for a stodgey mash. Smelt like toasted biscuits.
Gravity come in a little shy of target 1.054 and the colour is off again more dark brown than black.
I think the rye malt isn't getting crushed through the mill properly it's probably half as thick as the other malt. Will mill that sepperatly next.

But the wort this morning smels sooo chocolatey.

Just finished brewing this (hopefully) tropical IPA. Maris Otter, 10% light Munich, 5% flaked wheat, and 5% sugar. I used Columbus for bittering, calypso and Mosaic for late boil additions. I'm going to try dry hopping during active fermentation for the first time on this one. So it'll get Mosaic during high krausen and then Azacca in the keg.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1295976/tropical-ipa

Finished my ESB with partially Burtonized water. It was a really good brew day. Weather was great and I pretty much hit all my numbers. I have the wort chilling in the fermentation chamber. Once it's in the zone I'll pitch the yeast and clean-up.

Finished my ESB with partially Burtonized water. It was a really good brew day. Weather was great and I pretty much hit all my numbers. I have the wort chilling in the fermentation chamber. Once it's in the zone I'll pitch the yeast and clean-up.
Looking forward to hearing how this turned out for you!

Back