I brewed today!

Vienna lager is in the fermentation keg. Hopefully a super tasty beer. Yeast pitched at a higher temp. Tilt read 70 when in started transfer. DA I am i didn’t check before pitching that temp rose 5 degrees. Oh well done that before and it tasted fine

Well it was actually on Tuesday but my buddies and I brewed a West Coast with fresh hops. It was a great day..... a little bigger batch at 200L but I’m sure it will be enjoyed once kegged.
Well.....fermentation seems to be stuck at 1.021....should be around 1.014.... we used Mangrove Jacks Kviek yeast as that was all that was available. Anyone else every use this yeast and have this problem? We have elected to agitate the fermentor by introducing some CO2 and see if that restarts fermentation. The other alternative is to maybe add some enzyme and see if that will help the yeast out. The last shot I suppose would be to pitch another yeast - maybe US-05 or Nottingham.

Anyone have any other ideas / suggestions?

Not really. I used a lot of kveik, but small batches and they all ended around 1.010 to 1.012.
Increasing temperature maybe?

Well.....fermentation seems to be stuck at 1.021....should be around 1.014.... we used Mangrove Jacks Kviek yeast as that was all that was available. Anyone else every use this yeast and have this problem? We have elected to agitate the fermentor by introducing some CO2 and see if that restarts fermentation. The other alternative is to maybe add some enzyme and see if that will help the yeast out. The last shot I suppose would be to pitch another yeast - maybe US-05 or Nottingham.

The only thing that comes to mind is wondering how are you measured the specific gravity. If using a hydrometer then your conclusions are sound, but any other measurement method might be in error.

The only thing that comes to mind is wondering how are you measured the specific gravity. If using a hydrometer then your conclusions are sound, but any other measurement method might be in error.
The reading came from a Kegland RAPT pill and then confirmed by hydrometer.

Yeah man had this once or twice when I was on my kviek brewing Saga for a year or so.

But I found after a few gens on it you had to give it some nutrient and keep it nice and warm towards end of fermentation like a degree or two above ferment temp.
It was prone to stalling just before finishing.

It'd go like a bat outta he'll for 24 36hrs then drop right off.

And to think I was gonna ask a silly question about mixing strains of yeast. Never mind. I won’t ask now.

Is this a normal thing for stuck fermentation, or is it also a flavoring technique?

Brewed today with the new kettle and the new chiller, phew! Bigger batches are more work that's for sure :D

Extracted more sugars than expected and lost more liquid than expected, so I had to dilute the wort back down in the fermenter. Also it's possible I oxidized the whole batch already... we'll see! It'll be beer, but the question remains will it be drinkable beer :D

Brewed today with the new kettle and the new chiller, phew! Bigger batches are more work that's for sure :D

Extracted more sugars than expected and lost more liquid than expected, so I had to dilute the wort back down in the fermenter. Also it's possible I oxidized the whole batch already... we'll see! It'll be beer, but the question remains will it be drinkable beer :D
Depends how particular you are! :p

Just drink it quick!

Just finished.
IMG_20220909_094048.jpg
IMG_20220909_102729.jpg

Came in 1 point under target 1.042.
Here's the non alcoholic version from BundyView attachment 22229
This went in at flame out to no chill in kettle until tomorrow 160g ginger and 20 fresh lemon myrtle leaves
View attachment 22230
Scared me for a second. Those look just like gum leaves. Not sure I want eucalyptus in my beer, LOL. Why myrtle and not lemon rind? Some other flavor besides the lemon you’re after? Not challenging the brewer, just asking for info. Looks more like a soup than a beer.

Scared me for a second. Those look just like gum leaves. Not sure I want eucalyptus in my beer, LOL. Why myrtle and not lemon rind? Some other flavor besides the lemon you’re after? Not challenging the brewer, just asking for info. Looks more like a soup than a beer.
I suspect the lemon 'flavor' is to enhance all that ginger flavor. Ginger soup!

Yeah this is my kinda brewing throwing leaves and sh#t in my beer lol!

Na lemon Myrtle leaves have a beautiful lemon flavour but it's more than just lemon they remind me of these boiled lollies I had as a kid.

Anyhow they play nicely with the ginger.
I like the lemon Myrtle over just lemon.

Usually it's lemon ginger and sugar for ginger beer I'm just putting my own twist on it.

You'll be shocked how good it looks in the glass Roadie give me a week ;)

Oh and I don't mind a gum leaf in my Billy tea lemon myrtle is the same one leaf in the tea black tea that is is devine:).

Back