I brewed today!

Brew #2
IMG_7134.jpg
IMG_7133.jpg

Just in the middle of a double batch day! Have never done back to back batches, it's going pretty good, think I will do this more often.
I've done it a few times and it is a long day. The good thing is you only have to move your equipment once (from basement) and clean up just once.

I haven't made it to the brew store lately, just seem to order whatever kit Northern Brewer has on sale and have it delivered.
OK lazy , I know but it still makes beer.
Last month they had "Tombstone Pale Ale" on sale and it found its way to my doorstep.
I just finished up brewing it up. seems kind of dark for Pale Ale. As I was sitting here logging it into a spreadsheet I keep , I noticed I had brewed it before. Notes say. "buy it again? -> Not really".
OH well......

I haven't made it to the brew store lately, just seem to order whatever kit Northern Brewer has on sale and have it delivered.
Last month they had "Tombstone Pale Ale" on sale and it found its way to my doorstep.
I just finished up brewing it up. seems kind of dark for Pale Ale. As I was sitting here logging it into a spreadsheet I keep , I noticed I had brewed it before. Notes say. "buy it again? -> Not really".
OH well......
The path to beer has many directions. Nothing wrong with a kit. I have 2 waiting in the wings right now. I consider them backup plans for when I want a quick brew day.

OH well......
I like kits. Usually a good deal and someone has already tested it :)

Man I've never had the joy of brewing a kit!
I'll have to order one one day
If you go extract, your brew day is over before you know it. With no chill, you'll not remember brewing at all. If I'm going to do a kit, it will be extract for the ease.......

If you go extract, your brew day is over before you know it. With no chill, you'll not remember brewing at all. If I'm going to do a kit, it will be extract for the ease.......
Yeah ive done extract kit n kilo.
Never an all Grain kit.
I see how it would be fun everything prepared and weighed out for you.

Yeah ive done extract kit n kilo.
Never an all Grain kit.
I see how it would be fun everything prepared and weighed out for you.
I am just not convinced they strive for the accuracy I do when in the store. This one I have brewing now seems like they may have got a bit heavy handed on the dark caramel60.

I am just not convinced they strive for the accuracy I do when in the store. This one I have brewing now seems like they may have got a bit heavy handed on the dark caramel60.
The proof will be in the pudding.
I'm imagining the creative flair in me just can't stick with a set recipe even when it's one ove put together :p
On brew day I have to force myself to stick with what's been thought out and not Willy nilly add more of a grain accept if it's near the end of the bag then in it goes.

I can see kits are a great way and stepping stone for an new brewer who wants to cut their teeth on the all grain/biab method without having to worry about the finer details which more experienced brewers really enjoy:)

My first brew was a small batch all grain kit :)
I had nothing and no idea. But the beer came out pretty drinkable

Brewed the Mild this evening!
20220703_174918.jpg

That's at the start if the mash before full colour extraction.
A quick 3 hour brewday 30 minutes boil no chill into the kegmenter with a hop bag with 400g blitzed dates and some fuggles.
1.036 at transfer will be interesting what the gravity is after the overnight steep with the dates.

Back