What are you doing with homebrew today?

See Steve you can do brewing n baby duties she loves checking out all the bits and bobs
Ah, but @SabreSteve is going to have two of them! One for the front and one for the back I suppose.

In all seriousness: Exposing your children to as wide a possible set of experiences before they are 8 years old is a critical part of their basic development. Kids who have very limited experiences tend to be emotionally fragile.

Ah, but @SabreSteve is going to have two of them! One for the front and one for the back I suppose.

In all seriousness: Exposing your children to as wide a possible set of experiences before they are 8 years old is a critical part of their basic development. Kids who have very limited experiences tend to be emotionally fragile.
Well there is that anyhow just putting it out there ...

I've found it's easier when they are old enough to have a regular nap time but that takes a while. I didn't start brewing till my son was already more than a year old. But I found extract batches I could fit pretty neatly into his nap time. With BIAB I pretty much need the whole morning to be done and cleaned up by the end of nap time

image.jpg
I got my starter going for making Mannequin Pees.
image.jpg
And I just finished bottling my Memorial Day IPA. Lots of hops means fewer bottles (22 instead of intended 24).

I hid my last 6 pack from FIL...gotta save some for the dry times about to occur...brewing on Wednesday!

Should be good @Josh Hughes . Mash temperature can bring out different profiles, but a constant temperature mash will be pretty good. I use a step mash, but even without that the yeast will do most of the heavy lifting. Bananas and bubblegum!

@Herm_brews Yes, definitely like no other beer I gave ever made. But really outstanding. It also ages really well.

@Herm_brews Yes, definitely like no other beer I gave ever made. But really outstanding. It also ages really well.
The test will be putting some away and letting it age into our northern hemisphere winter. But I should not get ahead of myself here, the brew is only just halfway through the boil.

I am brewing beer today. My Man Piss Switch is just about to begin a 90 minute boil. The aroma in my home is different from any other beer I have brewed - there is a toastiness that I smell. Hot break is dropping out now.
View attachment 16313
Lots of toastiness when done, too. Next brew, if ever, I cut the Amber Malt in half and make up the difference with pilsner malt. I liked the result of upping the bitterness, too.

I just got done up loading two recipes to the AHA. I won 2 silver medals in the AHA Nationals this last weekend. One for an American Lager and the other for an International Lager. The first place winner in the American Lager went on to win BOS and Homebrewer of the year, pretty tough competition in that category. This is the first time I managed to win anything in Nationals, so I'm pretty grateful.

I think I screwed the uploads to AHA up, but we'll see.

Here's the recipes:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1166674/international-harvester

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/216382/stardard-american-lager-ii

Last edited:
=========================================

Well @Yooper no better recommendation than your Dad's so I have added that to my list of beers to make. Thanks for the story. I will think of him when I pour the first one.

Well Bob Toot's Cream Ale is terminating tomorrow... Looking forward to it.
@Yooper
upload_2021-6-22_14-44-2.png

I just got done up loading two recipes to the AHA. I won 2 silver medals in the AHA Nationals this last weekend. One for an American Lager and the other for an International Lager. The first place winner in the American Lager went on to win BOS and Homebrewer of the year, pretty tough competition in that category. This is the first time I managed to win anything in Nationals, so I'm pretty grateful.

I think I screwed the uploads to AHA up, but we'll see.

Here's the recipes:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1166674/international-harvester

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/216382/stardard-american-lager-ii
Congrats!

Back