What's your next brew

I'm getting some sweetness in the Wayner-s Pale now I thought that might be the mosaic maybe it's the Centennial and or that and the malt:rolleyes:.

I'm not sure what to brew next yet
LAGER -Pilsner most likely

Or another pale ale with that verdant yeast
Oh what's your thoughts on this yeast @BOB357 I didn't get back to you on it?

Or I've been thinking wheat beer too and using gash slugs idea of using 1/3 of the wort just as fermentation winding up to apparently drive some more authentic flavours from the yeast ...
He did a split batch one using method above and other just straight fermentation and he reckons both beers are distinctly different rekons the 1/3 post ferm wort wheatbeir to be "more complex".
Maybe all three in consecutive order lol
So many beers to brew, so little time!

Think I'm going to do another Berliner, I gave away lots of beer in February which was nice so I'm seriously down on kegs. I do 2 kegs of sour at a time and have a dedicated tap for it so time to put it back on the menu.

I brewed a split batch NEIPA yesterday with some buddies. 8 gallons split into my Ss Brewbucket and a keg. Used a hop shot for bittering and then 4oz Galaxy for a 35min whirlpool. Planning to DDH each one with 7oz of hops (one is getting Hallertau Blanc/Galaxy and the other is getting Vic Secret/Galaxy). 18hrs into fermentation now and both are bubbling like nuts. Did a 1L pitch of London III into each (about 190B cells per batch). Should be more than enough for 4 gallons of wort.

Just to see the difference in taste of yeast makes, I did a batch today made with DME and used three water jugs for fermenters.
When I bought the DME this morning I told the guy I have been liking the Grapefruit taste I got with the Wayners. He steered me towards a hops called Ahtanum So i tossed in an ounce of that. I tried BRY-97 - Safale- 04 - and German Ale Yeast K-97 . the K-97 is the one that made me try this idea out.

upload_2021-3-1_16-4-15.png

I am probably brewing another ESB, maybe the same one I’m drinking. I may drop a percent or 2 of victory malt and a percent or 2 of the extra dark crystal, maybe drop the chocolate a smidge too. I also thought of replacing the extra dark with medium crystal but I do not want it sweeter. I’ll also replace one of the additions of fuggles with EKG. Not brewing until next weekend so I’ve got time to plan. Need to use the rest of the Pub slurry.

I am probably brewing another ESB, maybe the same one I’m drinking. I may drop a percent or 2 of victory malt and a percent or 2 of the extra dark crystal, maybe drop the chocolate a smidge too. I also thought of replacing the extra dark with medium crystal but I do not want it sweeter. I’ll also replace one of the additions of fuggles with EKG. Not brewing until next weekend so I’ve got time to plan. Need to use the rest of the Pub slurry.
This is the malt bill for David Heath's ESB, modified slightly for what was available to me.
The Patagonia pale malt is pretty much the same as Maris Otter

Screenshot_20210311-220914_Brewfather.jpg

If the weather holds off for tomorrow I will be brewing a Scottish 80/-. It's my birthday today anyway so it's a day for emptying a few bottles - not that I need any more empties. I want to fill them. Got my label ready for it though..
upload_2021-3-12_14-24-8.png

If the weather holds off for tomorrow I will be brewing a Scottish 80/-. It's my birthday today anyway so it's a day for emptying a few bottles - not that I need any more empties. I want to fill them. Got my label ready for it though..
View attachment 14649
Happy birthday, Alan!! Cheers man

My next brew will be either a tweaked version of my Smithwicks-ish Irish Red or an ESB. For the ESB, I'm debating between David Heath's version and a BYO version (https://byo.com/recipe/fuller-s-esb-clone-2/). Main difference between the two is that BYO doesn't have any added sugar.
@Craigerrr, how did your first go at David Heath's ESB turn out?
@Josh Hughes, I'd also ask how yours is turning out?

Back