What's your next brew

I won't have an empty keg for a while. Having 4 kegs on the go, reduced consumption, and no one to help me, I think I will take advantage of the brewing downtime to.... brew!
I think I will brew the Bloody Finger Cranberry Chocolate Stout for next Christmas Season, and bottle it.

Partial mash SNPA likeness coming up. May as well get my feet wet with one of my favorites. Will be dry hopping and crashing the IPA I brewed this past Wednesday come Monday, so looks like the next batch will be brewed next weekend. The Verdant yeast just tore up the IPA. Active fermentation was done in 48 hours. Thought it stalled until I took a gravity reading this morning. A little better than 72% AA and the Krausen has receded. Been drinking the Pale Ale I harvested the yeast from and really liking it. High hopes for this IPA, which is a pumped up version of the Pale.

I was thinking a Vienna/Sterling SMaSh beer, but I'm considering using a different late boil hop because my Sterling is 12 AA. I was thinking about replacing it with Saaz, or I have EKG. My aroma hop reserves are running low.

Finally brewing David Heath's ESB tomorrow.
Recipe adjusted to suit available malts.
Using S-04 and that Lyle's Golden Syrup that I ordered a while back.
Planning on giving this one a good long recirculation at the end of the mash, want this one to come out super clear!

I have Herm’s Amber Ale conditioning in bottles since this past Saturday, Janet’s Brown Ale sitting in the fermenter with dry hops added on Tuesday and will be bottled this coming weekend, and I’ll brew another batch of my West Coast IPA sometime soon. Also planned for this weekend, my wife will be throwing her hat in the ring with her/our first batch of cider.

Will be brewing a Two Hearted likeness early next week with 2020 crop Centennial. Hoping they don't give me the almost cloying sweetness I got from the last ones I had.
I'm getting some sweetness in the Wayner-s Pale now I thought that might be the mosaic maybe it's the Centennial and or that and the malt:rolleyes:.

I'm not sure what to brew next yet
LAGER -Pilsner most likely

Or another pale ale with that verdant yeast
Oh what's your thoughts on this yeast @BOB357 I didn't get back to you on it?

Or I've been thinking wheat beer too and using gash slugs idea of using 1/3 of the wort just as fermentation winding up to apparently drive some more authentic flavours from the yeast ...
He did a split batch one using method above and other just straight fermentation and he reckons both beers are distinctly different rekons the 1/3 post ferm wort wheatbeir to be "more complex".
Maybe all three in consecutive order lol

I'm getting some sweetness in the Wayner-s Pale now I thought that might be the mosaic maybe it's the Centennial and or that and the malt:rolleyes:.

I'm not sure what to brew next yet
LAGER -Pilsner most likely

Or another pale ale with that verdant yeast
Oh what's your thoughts on this yeast @BOB357 I didn't get back to you on it?

Or I've been thinking wheat beer too and using gash slugs idea of using 1/3 of the wort just as fermentation winding up to apparently drive some more authentic flavours from the yeast ...
He did a split batch one using method above and other just straight fermentation and he reckons both beers are distinctly different rekons the 1/3 post ferm wort wheatbeir to be "more complex".
Maybe all three in consecutive order lol

The sweetness I get from Centennial isn't a balance thing, but more of a lingering sugary flavor, if that makes any sense. It's especially prominent when using Centennial as a single hop, or when it's the star of the show. I don't get anything like that with the real 2 Hearted, so crossing mu fingers.

Back