What's your next brew

If the weather holds off for tomorrow I will be brewing a Scottish 80/-. It's my birthday today anyway so it's a day for emptying a few bottles - not that I need any more empties. I want to fill them. Got my label ready for it though..
View attachment 14649
Happy Birthday you old bugger!
Hope you have a great day!
Look forward to the next zoom to raise a glass to you sir!

My next brew will be either a tweaked version of my Smithwicks-ish Irish Red or an ESB. For the ESB, I'm debating between David Heath's version and a BYO version (https://byo.com/recipe/fuller-s-esb-clone-2/). Main difference between the two is that BYO doesn't have any added sugar.
@Craigerrr, how did your first go at David Heath's ESB turn out?
@Josh Hughes, I'd also ask how yours is turning out?
I just kegged it on Wednesday, will be having a sample and posting about it in the "what are you drinking" thread later today.
I was debating between David's recipe and the BYO recipe, having heard nothing but good things, I went with Mr. Heath's version, with a couple of tweaks for available ingredients.

What is the next brew, that is the question, going kick another one out next Friday, but which one...
20210312_214420.jpg

I'm thinking it's time to rebrew Shady Boh :) been craving a sessionable non hoppy beer. Maybe after that a Mocktoberfest with Nottingham yeast. It is the month of March after all haha

I'm thinking it's time to rebrew Shady Boh :) been craving a sessionable non hoppy beer. Maybe after that a Mocktoberfest with Nottingham yeast. It is the month of March after all haha
I really did enjoy the Bo!
Not really a lager guy at all, but I will definitely brew that one again!

I just kegged it on Wednesday, will be having a sample and posting about it in the "what are you drinking" thread later today.
I was debating between David's recipe and the BYO recipe, having heard nothing but good things, I went with Mr. Heath's version, with a couple of tweaks for available ingredients.
I did the BYO one slightly modified a month ago. Turned out well. Didn’t taste like fullers lol. That was a result of all kinds of things, i used a different yeast, northern brewer instead of north down and no dry hop, don’t brew at Fullers etc. I pretty much do that “recipe” scaled however mixing those hops listed in different ways for each Bitter/ESB I make.

So the yeast, ingredients and process were all different, yet it didn't taste like the original recipe was supposed to? :rolleyes:
Hahaha exactly. The only real difference was i used Lallamand London instead of the London EBS yeast. Northern brewer is a sub for northdown. Inside all the hops listed otherwise

Much like yours @Josh Hughes mine is darker (SRM) than Fullers. I can't get the fullers locally right now. I will wait until this time next week to offer some tasting notes on the DH version.

Not to worry.
I like cider :p:p:p
Just gotta find apple juice again
True that!
Year's ago I went to my local fruit n vege shop and pitched to them that I wanted to make cider out of all their off apples and pears. I had more than I could handle. The exchange was I'd drop a bottle or two of cider off to them.

I didn't have a press or anything I used the brevel juicer to juice all the apples and pears long story short it was a lot of work and I ended up canning the idea.
But it might be something you may want to invest your time into.
I think a proper apple press would be worth it if you can get a good supply like this.

There is a cider maker that didn't live to far from me who does a similar thing to me but on a bigger scale. He goes down to Stanthorpe a.big Apple producing region and he buys all the second grade apples off the farmers that the big food chains don't want asks the farmers to leave the apples on the trees for longer so they develop some better sweetness.

Anyhow ideas is all.

Would be a good idea if apples could grow here :p:p:p

Sticking with apple juice till my kit comes out of storage. It's somewhere in the back of a 40" container:(
But, the rains should be almost over [fingers crossed]

Kegged my NEIPAs on Friday and got both carbonated through the carb stone. Tapped both on Sunday and they're looking good. At least they look similar (given they're the same mash and boil!). Great flavors from the Hallertau Blanc/Galaxy and the Vic Secret/Galaxy!

Hallertau Blanc/Vic Secret
PXL_20210313_204923281.jpg

Vic Secret/Galaxy
PXL_20210314_164616181.jpg

Kegged my NEIPAs on Friday and got both carbonated through the carb stone. Tapped both on Sunday and they're looking good. At least they look similar (given they're the same mash and boil!). Great flavors from the Hallertau Blanc/Galaxy and the Vic Secret/Galaxy!

Hallertau Blanc/Vic Secret
View attachment 14702

Vic Secret/Galaxy
View attachment 14703
Nice looking brews!

Back