What's your next brew

Next brew will be a 6% NEIPA with a healthy dose of hops, and very light in color at 3.7 SRM.
So, none of the above from my earlier post...
Screenshot_20210315-220322_Brewfather.jpg

My NEIPA split batch, I did 3mL of hop extract at 60min for bitterness, then 4 oz Galaxy for a 30min whirlpool at 176F. When I split the batch, I did a HK dry hop of 4oz Hallertau Blanc/3oz Galaxy in one fermenter and the other got 4oz Vic Secret/3oz Galaxy. I did the same with a post dry hop.

Carbonation turned out better than the photos after another day (much creamier). Been having issues for some odd reason carbonating normally in a keg. I have a carb stone lid now that that's so much better so I carbbed the one beer, then swapped the lids to carb the other beer. Those lids are a great investment for $40.

I like the flavor and aroma I'm getting from both, but it's just not the same punch you get when you use cryo hops for dry hopping.

Here's a pic of my keg fermentation and transfer to the serving keg if anyone hasn't tried this before. It's definitely a good way to go.
PXL_20210312_150052993.jpg

I made a milk stout with a buddy last weekend and decided to kick it up a notch with some chilies! Added 4 guajillos, 2 ancho, 2 chipotle, 1 new mexico, and 1 arbol (all rough chopped). Used my mesh screen for dry hopping and this all steeped in the kettle at whirlpool for 35 minutes.

OG was 1.058 and within 48 hours it was down to 1.024 (looking at a 1.020 FG). When I keg, I'm likely going to add a similar chili lineup as well as a few ounces of sweet and dark cocoa nibs to dry hop for 4 days.

Has anyone made a chili stout around these parts? Our inspiration was the Abraxas from Perennial Artisan Ales and that beer was fantastic.

Think I'm gonna make another pale ale this weekend. The last one was excellent.

Making an ESB of some variety this weekend. Last one turned out really well but I’d like to use the Fuller’s hop Bill this time so toss up there. May mix them up a little who knows. Working on 3 different recipes to pick from Saturday morning

On Sunday I plan to brew another iteration of my Smithwicks-ish Irish Red. Last one still had a sweetness that I just didn't like. It wasn't cloying sweet, I just didn't care for it. Some brewers have posted that they simply don't like crystal malt in any amount. Maybe I'm one of them. So this time I am swapping out the Crystal 30 for an equal amount of Belgian Biscuit.

My NEIPA split batch, I did 3mL of hop extract at 60min for bitterness, then 4 oz Galaxy for a 30min whirlpool at 176F. When I split the batch, I did a HK dry hop of 4oz Hallertau Blanc/3oz Galaxy in one fermenter and the other got 4oz Vic Secret/3oz Galaxy. I did the same with a post dry hop.

Carbonation turned out better than the photos after another day (much creamier). Been having issues for some odd reason carbonating normally in a keg. I have a carb stone lid now that that's so much better so I carbbed the one beer, then swapped the lids to carb the other beer. Those lids are a great investment for $40.

I like the flavor and aroma I'm getting from both, but it's just not the same punch you get when you use cryo hops for dry hopping.

Here's a pic of my keg fermentation and transfer to the serving keg if anyone hasn't tried this before. It's definitely a good way to go.
View attachment 14714
Nice set up you have there (the SS workbench and stuff)!

On Sunday I plan to brew another iteration of my Smithwicks-ish Irish Red. Last one still had a sweetness that I just didn't like. It wasn't cloying sweet, I just didn't care for it. Some brewers have posted that they simply don't like crystal malt in any amount. Maybe I'm one of them. So this time I am swapping out the Crystal 30 for an equal amount of Belgian Biscuit.

Now I'm second guessing myself. This recipe already has 4.6% UK Brown malt in it. The description on that is that it "Imparts a dry biscuit flavor". And, of course, the Belgian Biscuit is pretty much the same "Warm baked biscuit flavor and aroma". So by swapping the crystal for Belgian Biscuit I'd be removing the sweetness and doubling up on the biscuit. Maybe I'll just drop the Crystal down to 15L and up the mash temp a degree or two.

That's one of the best parts and worst parts of homebrewing; there are so few wrong ways and so many right ways to do something. You just never know the correct way until you try them all. :confused:

Now I'm second guessing myself. This recipe already has 4.6% UK Brown malt in it. The description on that is that it "Imparts a dry biscuit flavor". And, of course, the Belgian Biscuit is pretty much the same "Warm baked biscuit flavor and aroma". So by swapping the crystal for Belgian Biscuit I'd be removing the sweetness and doubling up on the biscuit. Maybe I'll just drop the Crystal down to 15L and up the mash temp a degree or two.

That's one of the best parts and worst parts of homebrewing; there are so few wrong ways and so many right ways to do something. You just never know the correct way until you try them all. :confused:
Brew, learn, repeat:D

Nice set up you have there (the SS workbench and stuff)!
Thanks! Did the whole DIY route for a number of years and I've had this setup now for almost 3 years (10 years into the hobby). My next step in DIY was the electric panel and after doing the research, I decided to just kick it into the whole 3 vessel Spike system. Made the money back in the stock market!

Back