What's your next brew

After a couple of light, summer beers, it’s time to get brewing a nice English Porter. I have made this quite a few times and always feel like I’m one dial turn away from finalizing the recipe. One move away from greatness. Maybe this is it. I should change the name to White Whale Porter. :)

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/944534/brotherhood-porter
I think the next 5 gallon batch I brew with my buddy will be an English Porter.
Tomorrow I am brewing “Manchester Gold” a go at one of the many interpretations of one the many iterations of Boddingtons throughout the years.

Making a start on that passionfruit saison today. Gunna dump the pulp into kettle at flame out and let this no chill overnight in kettle and just gently transfer into kegmenter tomorrow morn.
Trying to keep back the seeds I think itll work.
Then I'll dry hop with more passionfruit post primary.

Making a start on that passionfruit saison today. Gunna dump the pulp into kettle at flame out and let this no chill overnight in kettle and just gently transfer into kegmenter tomorrow morn.
Trying to keep back the seeds I think itll work.
Then I'll dry hop with more passionfruit post primary.
Are you bagging the dry hopped fruit or racking on top of it? I've never added fruit in the fermenter

Are you bagging the dry hopped fruit or racking on top of it? I've never added fruit in the fermenter
Yeah will use that paint strainer bag.
I'll use SMB to pasteurize fruit pulp before adding to bag. Will probably boil that bag and sting and then soak in sanitizer.
Its gunna be Messy:D!

I'm brewing an Oktoberfest type of beer, Pils, Dark Munch and Vienna with Omega Lutra, should be good
I'm having trouble with this new well water tasting soft and very little head compared to my last house, thinking of hardening this a bit

Screenshot (61).png

Last edited:
Looks pretty similar! I'm also using Omega OYL071
originally wanted WLP820, but they didnt have it. since I havent made this before, I dont have anything to compare, lol. so the omega it is.

I’m planning a BIAB Maple Pumpkin Brown Ale for this weekend. Haven’t used maple syrup yet - and was thinking of adding it to the boil maybe 15mins before flameout. Not sure how well the flavor is going to hold.

I’m planning a BIAB Maple Pumpkin Brown Ale for this weekend. Haven’t used maple syrup yet - and was thinking of adding it to the boil maybe 15mins before flameout. Not sure how well the flavor is going to hold.
I'd consider waiting until flameout, as the flavors will be reduced by a boil. You'd need a lot to get overpowered, but some of the flavor should make it through.

Back