What's your next brew

I’m planning a BIAB Maple Pumpkin Brown Ale for this weekend. Haven’t used maple syrup yet - and was thinking of adding it to the boil maybe 15mins before flameout. Not sure how well the flavor is going to hold.
Might consider just putting it in the ferm. might not boil any additional flavor out of it

Brew day postponed til Saturday. Maintenance came by to fix the chipped enamel in the tub and sink (great!) and emptied 3 aerosol cans of tile paint into my unventilated apartment :eek: Had them unstick all my painted-shut windows before they left so I didn't pass out. They're coming back tomorrow to "do another coat" but couldn't give me a specific time, of course. The color of the air in my apartment changed color o_O or I was already hallucinating lol :D

Might consider just putting it in the ferm. might not boil any additional flavor out of it
I was thinking flame out but i rekon unopened the maple syrup would probably be bottle pastruised to stop it fermenting in the bottle so post primary would be a goer to get all them lovely subtleties out of the flavours and aromas.

I was thinking flame out but i rekon unopened the maple syrup would probably be bottle pastruised to stop it fermenting in the bottle so post primary would be a goer to get all them lovely subtleties out of the flavours and aromas.
The process of making maple suryup involves boiling it. It should be safe, just sanitize the container

Next brew for me will be an 80 shilling Scottish Ale. @AHarper, on the last BF Monthly meeting you said you had a good Scottish Ale recipe. I did not take notes so could you post it?

@BarbarianBrewer
Hi BB, well I thought it was good but I am bound to say that but give it a go and let me know how you get on.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1021656/scottish-four-quid

Thanks Alan! Looks like you lagered this one for a bit. Is that just to keep the esters down?

upload_2021-9-2_21-30-10.png

Welcome to the forums, @Dan Anders
Good job leaping in with a question. I don’t have the answer, but oh how I love some real maple syrup on pancakes, and bacon, and breakfast sausage, and oatmeal, and in an old fashioned ………

Thanks Alan! Looks like you lagered this one for a bit. Is that just to keep the esters down?

View attachment 17273
Hi, Not deliberately. I did drop the temperature but it was only intended to be for a day or two. I had to leave it in the fridge while I was away for a couple of days and didn't get a chance to bottle it when I originally intended. It didn't seem to do it much harm though.

My car is going to be in the shop for "about a week and a half"....so I'm planning for it to be out of commission for at least 2 weeks lol. I'm going to buy ingredients for my next few brews and have them ready to go. I'm thinking a Honey Cream ale to use up my voss kveik and my "First Whack" IPA to use up the rest of the Lutra. First Whack is a piney/citrusy, very pale-colored IPA based on a beer my favorite hometown brewery did called Rough Cut. I posted the recipe earlier this year when I was experimenting with grain bills for IPAs.

Will be @Josh Hughes inspired Vienna Lager but without the caramunich 1 I'm just going 50/50 Vienna Munich and hopping with mittlefuruh.
Im looking forward to being a beer where I dont stick half my backyard in it :D
I actually did that with the brew before my Oktoberfest. 50/50 Munich/Vienna and Hallertau. Quite enjoyable

you have some good stuff in your yard though. It’s awesome

Back