What's your next brew

It's no quite kegged yet but the sample I pulled didn't. So it's not looking promising.
I just read a little about this hop, and it said the mint rarely shines, it is more of a background note.

Looks really nice. I think you should definitely give it a go and would love to hear what lemon myrtle brings to the beer.

My next beer is a Saison that I add cut up lemons to the mash. Lemon myrtle would probably be a great fit.
You'll be the first to know Megary;).
As for the lemon myrtle amount I'll know how much I'll have on hand after I prune it.
Man nothing better than brewing with produce you have on hand!

I had an Aunt Myrtle, she passed on at least a couple decades ago.

Well I got both beers done today. Started at 6:45 am EST. A good hour was wasted trying to get an old slurry to get going. Ditched it and pitched Nottingham in the Porter and Verdant IPA slurry in the IPA. Finished around 6:30 pm EST. No more double brew days for a while. Going to bed..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kolsch next I'm thinking since there is some pretty fresh K-97 slurry.

And I'm seeing quite a few passionfruit on the ground here so maybe another passionfruit saison especially since I promised my missus friend a bottle and yeah drunk it all...:oops:

Going to try to get @Nosybear 's Q3 recipe in tomorrow, after that going to take a swing at a German Festbier made with ingredients from the here in the Midwest US(except for a little Munich, I would have used Briess, but I already have Viking on hand). Should be GTG for deer hunting season in November(and of course football playoffs later).

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1183732/festivus-wisconsin-

Simple recipe, should be all about time on this one...time and cold.

Going to try to get @Nosybear 's Q3 recipe in tomorrow, after that going to take a swing at a German Festbier made with ingredients from the here in the Midwest US(except for a little Munich, I would have used Briess, but I already have Viking on hand). Should be GTG for deer hunting season in November(and of course football playoffs later).

Love the makeup of that Festbier. That’s going to be crushable, as it should be.

Good luck with it.

My Q3 Grodziskie turned out very good, I'm packaging it today. Tomorrow's brew is Dill Pickle Gose. The garden has provided me an abundance of cucumbers and dill, a brewery did a Gose with Philly Sour and it turned out great so no kettle souring this round, should be an easy brew day!

I have one I'm pretty fond of, it's one of my top 2(kinda 1a and 1b with Shady Boh). Bottled 11 gallons last weekend.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/913620/shore-leave-lager

Could substitute 2 row pale for the Pils and Golden Ale to simplify.

Hey man - thought I would circle back on this. I made the first steam beer and was a tiny bit disappointed when I tasted it too early. After 3 weeks carbed and kegged I was starting to really like it and said to myself, "I'll make that one from Bulin." Good timing. Did not want the saved yeast to age too long. I changed things up slightly .. C90 for C100, and I think maybe cold steeped black patent for the C200. It's chugging away nicely right now at about 64 degrees. I'll try not to jump in and drink a pint while it's still young - but I will :) I'm sure its a winner.

Hey man - thought I would circle back on this. I made the first steam beer and was a tiny bit disappointed when I tasted it too early. After 3 weeks carbed and kegged I was starting to really like it and said to myself, "I'll make that one from Bulin." Good timing. Did not want the saved yeast to age too long. I changed things up slightly .. C90 for C100, and I think maybe cold steeped black patent for the C200. It's chugging away nicely right now at about 64 degrees. I'll try not to jump in and drink a pint while it's still young - but I will :) I'm sure its a winner.
I think you’ll like it. Was trying to find the middle between Anchor Steam original and their California Lager with that one. It’s a favorite of mine.

Back