What's your next brew

Next up is a simple Pale Ale with 91% Briess Brewers Malt and 9% C15. A 5.25 gallon batch, 1.055 OG, with 1 ounce additions of Cascade at 30, 15, 5 & 0. (working on finishing up some 4.28% AA Cascades), and a 60 minute addition of Bravo to make up the rest of the 43 IBUs. Mashing @ 153 and fermenting @66 with BRY-97. Should weigh in at ~5.6% ABV.
Sierra Nevada would be proud!

@BOB357 I was wondering if you have used that Cali dry yeast yet? I think I remember you ordered some not too long ago...

Working on the recipe for a hoppy american wheat-thing with kveik. Brewing tomorrow hopefully
Wow that sounds interesting and what kveik you gunna use ?
I would like to do this with framgarden or hornindal and really let the yeast shine:)

Wow that sounds interesting and what kveik you gunna use ?
I would like to do this with framgarden or hornindal and really let the yeast shine:)
Repitching about 1 tsp of saved lalbrew voss kveik slurry from a pale ale. I'm hoping for some nice esters from the yeast mixing well with the flavor/aroma from the centennial. My favorite homebrew so far was the centennial pale ale that the yeast was saved from :)

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1055365/american-wveik

Brewing Cragunitas this Friday

Switched up the hops for fun, and dropped the recipe predicted IBU's from 100 to 80
Centennial subbed in for Cascade
Chinook subbed in for Citra
Cragunitas 2020-1102.JPG

A 5.25 gallon batch of Pale Ale coming up on Wednesday. 91% Briess Brewers Malt and 9% C-15, an ounce of Cascade 4.28 AA at 30, 15, 5 and 0, with Bravo to reach 43 IBUs total. Mashing at 152 and fermenting at 66 with BRY-97. Looking at an OG of 10.55 and should weigh in at ~5.5% ABV.

@BOB357 I was wondering if you have used that Cali dry yeast yet? I think I remember you ordered some not too long ago...
I used it last batch. It fermented like a beast, but it definitely takes it some time to clean up. I got a hefty yeast bite and aroma and it takes a bit to drop out. I even purged my keg a few times a day the 1st few days to vent some of it off. It's fine now and your experience may be totally different.

Last edited:
I used it last batch. It fermented like a beast, but it definitely takes it some time to clean up. I got a hefty yeast bite and aroma and it takes a bit to drop out. I even purged my keg a few times a day the 1st few days to vent some of it off. It's fine now and your experience my be totally different.

Sounds a lot like my experience with US-05.

I'm hesitant to use my other pack to be honest. Brewing Nautical Star as we speak and I'd hate to deter from it's deliciousness.
I'm hesitant to use my other pack to be honest. Brewing Nautical Star as we speak and I'd hate to deter from it's deliciousness.

I've got a Pale Ale coming up that I'll be pitching it in and then using slurry from that for a Celebration clone. Guessing I'll find out how it works in my brewery. Thanks for the heads up.

Back