What's your next brew

My next brew will be my COVID Operation, a Milkshake NEIPA. My son's friend asked my to brew this for his stag and doe party. They will pay for the ingredients and do all of the grunt work (lifting, cleaning etc.) on brew day.

How do you social distance on the ice?
Hope you didn't do any serious damage.

We have limited ability but restricted numbers and teams. I'm honestly not entirely sure it's a good idea but I was going stir crazy. The first I hear of anyone in our 4 team of 10 group getting sick I'm bailing though.

No real damage, just sore.

My next brew will be my COVID Operation, a Milkshake NEIPA. My son's friend asked my to brew this for his stag and doe party. They will pay for the ingredients and do all of the grunt work (lifting, cleaning etc.) on brew day.

You my friend just received the brewer's dream package. ;)

Coming up sometime next week is the last of my Summer Ale recipes, Columbus Summer. After that, it's a Rye Cream Ale and then easing into the cooler weather with 3 IPAs. Along with this change, I'll be transitioning to using Briess malts, subject to availability. No complaints about Viking, but availability is getting spotty, especially for base malts, and the prices have gone up to within pennies of Briess.

Coming up sometime next week is the last of my Summer Ale recipes, Columbus Summer. After that, it's a Rye Cream Ale and then easing into the cooler weather with 3 IPAs. Along with this change, I'll be transitioning to using Briess malts, subject to availability. No complaints about Viking, but availability is getting spotty, especially for base malts, and the prices have gone up to within pennies of Briess.
Could you please share your Summer Ale recipe(s)? Do you have a centennial or cascade version? They've all looked delicious!

Could you please share your Summer Ale recipe(s)? Do you have a centennial or cascade version? They've all looked delicious!

This Summer Ale series included Cascade, Centennial, Chinook. Willamette and Columbus versions. 5.25 into the fermenter with 10 lbs. 2-row and 1 lb. malted wheat. My original recipe used 1 lb. of C-20 too. I had some left over specialty grains so replaced the C-20 with 1/2 lb. C-60 in 2 of the recipes, 1/2 lb. of Caramel Munich in 2 of them and 1 lb. of Vienna in one.
My target OG was ~1.056 and target IBUs ~50 with about 20 IBUs coming from a 60 minute addition and the remainder from equal additions of the title hop at 10 and 1. All were bittered with either Warrior or Bravo and fermented with either M36 or M44 Mangrove Jack's yeasts or BRY-97 at 66 degrees. All mashes were single infusion at 150 degrees.
The water profile was for a hoppy pale ale and pH 5.4.

This Summer Ale series included Cascade, Centennial, Chinook. Willamette and Columbus versions. 5.25 into the fermenter with 10 lbs. 2-row and 1 lb. malted wheat. My original recipe used 1 lb. of C-20 too. I had some left over specialty grains so replaced the C-20 with 1/2 lb. C-60 in 2 of the recipes, 1/2 lb. of Caramel Munich in 2 of them and 1 lb. of Vienna in one.
My target OG was ~1.056 and target IBUs ~50 with about 20 IBUs coming from a 60 minute addition and the remainder from equal additions of the title hop at 10 and 1. All were bittered with either Warrior or Bravo and fermented with either M36 or M44 Mangrove Jack's yeasts or BRY-97 at 66 degrees. All mashes were single infusion at 150 degrees.
The water profile was for a hoppy pale ale and pH 5.4.
Thank you!

Finally going to get around to this one on Saturday, this will be my first run on the new Brewzilla. Not sure it is necessary, but after a good cleaning, I will passivate everything.

Next up is Baseline IPA, my house IPA that I dialed in a couple of years ago. I love Pale Ales, but after 5 batches in a row, they do get boring. A nice West coaster will be nice. Ordering supplies Friday, so will likely be brewing middle of next week.

Next up is Baseline IPA, my house IPA that I dialed in a couple of years ago. I love Pale Ales, but after 5 batches in a row, they do get boring. A nice West coaster will be nice. Ordering supplies Friday, so will likely be brewing middle of next week.
We seem on a similar track. I just did 3 batches of pale then a Blonde and then a Juicy IPA on Monday. That Rye Blonde I did was way too thin. For some reason I had 10 oz of sugar in the recipe. It’s a Sparkling Blonde...:oops:

Hope all is well for you guys!

That Rye Blonde I did was way too thin. For some reason I had 10 oz of sugar in the recipe. It’s a Sparkling Blonde...:oops:

Hope all is well for you guys!

Was there alcohol consumption involved in the recipe design? :D:D

We're good here, how about you and Lisa?

Finally going to get around to this one on Saturday, this will be my first run on the new Brewzilla. Not sure it is necessary, but after a good cleaning, I will passivate everything.
My brewzilla is supposed to arrive next Monday and I was planning to passivate it as well. It makes sense to do that.

Back